Sunday, March 12, 2017

Show n Tell - Little Sew and Sews


I used to be very good about posting show n tell from the classes I teach. This past year - well, I did NOT do a good job at all. I went back to my blog and noticed that I posted show n tell ONCE last year for this class. Yikes!

I will try to be better this year?  So far, I don't think I'm doing great either. Let's see what we can get done this week.

A hand full of students took on the Little Sew and Sews which is a super cute project, but a lot of work - a LOT of applique.

Little Sew and Sews
The pattern was designed by Nancy Barrett by With Needle and Thread.     I have so many of her patterns and I have to confess that I've not made a single one of them.  Yep - when I retire!


I didn't want you to think you missed out on something, so I went back through my pictures and found some of the missing photos. I have a feeling that there were some months that there were no photos to take. There could be one or two on my phone but I think you're going to get the idea of how it went.


A large tote bag
 The bag was NOT part of our class, but I always like to see show n tell.  I do believe that was made with some of the small Northcott pre-cuts that I had a while back.

I'm not going to put names in - I don't remember them all.

This mouse looks happy!
 And look at the stitching around the mouse. Does that not just add something to the character of the mouse? We get so caught up in making things perfect, but sometimes whimsical is OK too and in this case - it's gorgeous.
Whimsical stitching around the edges of the applique

That is one huge pile of fabric and this mouse looks lost.  Do you know why?

The mouse looks a bit lost
 Yep - he or could be a she mouse - well look at that shopping list. There's nothing on it!  Now is that a good thing or a bad thing?


Empty shopping list
 I just hope they have a great limit on the credit card!!!


Look - I found the perfect ribbon in my stash!

Tug a war - this person wasn't brave enough to cut the ribbon yet

Cut the ribbon and let's hope it matches!

I'll take some of the lace that she has

What about me? I want some lace too!!!

The top half is finally together

Progress is being made

Lots of blocks are completed

Another BIG stack of fabric

So true!!!

Cute embellishment for the hair
 I always love to see when the students take the pattern and make it their own. In this case, they made fewer blocks and well, just wait a minute until you see how they put it together.

Half of the quilt

The other half of the quilt
 And when the quilt is together one half looks upside down. BUT the quilt was made to hang over a railing, so it needed to be done this way.  I think it's a brilliant way to display a quilt.

The whole quilt

One half now quilted
The other half quilted

The quilt is completed!!!!!
 That is always exciting to see a finished quilt at the end of the class.

One of the quilt tops together

As I mentioned, there was a LOT of applique in this quilt and I know people (including myself) are still working on it.  But it was loads of fun.  Check out the website for With Needle and Thread. There is a video of when Nancy was on America Sews Creatively  (in the TIPS sections). It's pretty interesting and shows how she shades her designs with inks. Adds a cool effect if you're into that kind of artistic thing.

On that note, I'd better get myself organized for the day.  It should be a quilting day, but it's going to be a sewing day. I've got a guest coming!  I'll tell you more tomorrow.

Have a super day!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment