Friday, April 30, 2021

Another milestone

 Do you know what today is? That would be April 30, which to most of you means the end of the month. To me, it was the date I figured our team of four would finish our cross Canada walk. Well, guess what? We finished a week ago! I just didn't have time to share it with you. 

How did I come up with April 30 as a goal? After the first month, I predicted that we would collectively finish the 8,000 KM by the end of April if we kept up our pace. 

While we technically did the entire length of the country and reached 100% of our goal, this brought us to Sydney on Vancouver Island. The end goal was Victoria. So even though we reached 100% of the goal, technically, we were NOT done. 




Sydney, BC is NOT the end of the line


So I walked two more days, and here we are ONE day before reaching Victoria. There is a Mile Zero marker in Victoria. I've been there and started my cross Canada bike trip at that marker. I'll have to see if I can find the picture of that. 


One day before reaching Mile Zero in Victoria


And here's our final total of KM walked in this cross country challenge. Go team, go!!!! 
Our total mileage for the cross-Canada walk


Yeah -- now we're off the map, and while some people are continuing to enter their mileage, there's no point.  There'll be another Canadian theme starting July 1st - no idea what it is yet, but I hope it's walking from Victoria/Vancouver to Tutoyaktuk. We'll see. 


And now we get to unveil our medal! It's gorgeous, and NO - I do not have my medal holder on the wall yet. I'm slow with that kind of thing. Shoot -- I've taken a picture this morning but can't share it with you. 


AHA -- always something new to learn. For the Long Time Gone quilt, we had to make the Peaky and Spike unit (that's the name that Doreen Speckman gave the unit). But there are many other names. The book called them 60-degree triangles which they are NOT. But Sue at Thimbles and Things reminded me that Deb Tucker has a ruler that you can use for these blocks as well. So many ways to make the same thing!!!!  No wonder newbies get confused!!!


Deb Tucker's V Block ruler



The other day I grabbed a box of paper from the office and decided to do some sorting. Oh boy -- so much junk in the box. I found all manner of odds and ends, and well, I didn't get through the entire box, but I didn't keep much from what I did manage to sort through. I need to do STOP opening up new boxes and deal with the stuff that's sitting on the chair beside me. 

A box of paper to sort


I don't mind, really, because every piece of paper that goes is one less to deal with at a later date. It'll come together, and the best part is that I'm keeping a good handle on not allowing it to accumulate. More or less. 

But I found patterns in that box. They are now in the pattern area. 

Two found quilt patterns


I found a machine embroidery pattern. It's now with the rest of the embroidery patterns. 


Machine embroidery pattern


And I found this free pattern. Oh my - this was from when the Olympics were hosted by Sochi in Russia. OH gosh -- that was the winter Olympics in 2014. I LOVE this pattern and still want to make it. 


A freebie pattern


Something weird is happening with Outlook this morning, and I don't think I can get the pictures I sent to myself. Hmmm - I'm getting the same results on my phone as my computer, so it might be the e-mail server has a glitch. 

Oh well - thank goodness for saving pictures from other days. 


Let me see if I can find some other pictures that I haven't posted yet. 

Nope -- I don't see anything else. I had a great day yesterday. There was no gazebo time as it was cool and rainy, but that didn't stop me from walking to the grocery store. Yep-- a little bit of rain won't hurt you, and of course, there's no one else on the street. I'm good with that. I don't even check my FitBit to see my daily mileage any longer. Some people would check close to bedtime and realize that they are 200 steps from 10,000 or whatever. I never do that. I don't even look at my steps any longer. I look at KM the next morning. Since the beginning of the year, I've averaged 11.82 KM per day. That's pretty awesome, and I feel great. 


Shoot -- I had great stuff to share with you, but no pictures. Oh well. 

Thanks to everyone who sent me links for the OESD HydroStick stabilizer. I'm obviously not a very good online shopper. I did find a shop within driving distance of me that will order it in. So I went with them. That's Creekbank Sewing Machine Shop near Mount Forest. If I can shop local, I'll go there first. 


I need some zippers, and you'd be surprised at how many places are NOT selling zippers during the lockdown!! Oh boy -- I guess I should check my zipper stock before I go off buying more. I might just have what I need. 

I'm off on another errand today - this time in the opposite direction from the other day. I've got stuff to drop off in a couple of locations and stuff to pick up in others. I'll be making one large loop and then back home. It'll be good to get out of the house, but I'd be just as happy to stay home and sew. 


I've got loads sitting there that needs to be sewn and ideas running through my head as fast as they can go. I just need time!!!


Your decluttering task today? Paper --- get rid of at least TEN pieces of paper today. You know it's sitting there and either file it or trash it, but get rid of at least TEN. 


On that note, I'd better get myself organized so I can maximize the day. 


Have a super day!!!!!


Ciao!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment