Sunday, September 26, 2021

A wee road trip!

 

Another great day! OK -- every day is a great day - it just depends on how you look at it. Positivity is a good thing even though stupid things are happening in the world and around me, but I'm in a very fortunate position, so I really can't complain. 

The only thing I have is a TON of work, and it all needs to be done now. Computer work and sewing and quilting. When I woke up this morning, I just allowed myself to lay in bed contemplating it all but didn't get up! Well, not right away. I'll get to it as soon as I can - that's all I can do. 

Two more great Zoom classes yesterday, and the moment they were done, I did a quick run around the house, everyone got bundled into the car, and we were gone. Even Bear was ready to go. 

Have a travel case, will travel!


Where did we go? 


A windy selfie



The picture should give you a huge clue, but in case you don't know -- that's the Canadian side of Niagara Falls. 

I had to laugh as I dropped M, Mattie, and Bear off just at the start of the parking area. As they were leaving to walk around, I realized there was a parking spot, actually two of them right there. So that's how unbusy it was! There were people, but it wasn't really as crowded as I've seen it in the past, and I tried to keep myself distanced from other people. 

That parking spot worked out just fine as we were about equidistant from both falls. Let's just say that parking at Niagara Falls is NOT cheap! It doesn't matter -- it was worth it. 

So they went off to do their own thing, and I decided I would do some geocaching since I needed to get some caches before the end of the month. You know me -- it's all about numbers, and there's a geocaching challenge on right now. Get so many caches this month and get a virtual badge! Yep -- that's me - I'm living my life virtually. 


Well, not exactly as I have to do the work - I just don't have to manually log it -- it's all done on apps on the phone. What did we do before we had our phones? 

I found a cache near this beautiful quiet garden pond. A wee bit larger than our pond. I'm sure Murphy would have jumped in had she been there. 


A quiet pond at Niagara Falls



Then I found this one. That's quite a box for the cache to be hidden in. Someone is into woodworking. The box was tucked around a corner, and you would NEVER know it was there unless you were looking for it. I love all this lurking around. These were both in very public places. At the pond, tons of people were walking through, taking pictures of themselves or their group. I'm sitting on the edge of the pond on a big rock, trying to dig the cache out of a crevice and trying to be totally nonchalant about it! And NOT fall in the pond! 


A decorative box to hide a geocache


While the wolf is tucked away, it requires going down a small alley that's obviously a dead end and trying to look casual about it! 

I tried a couple of different types of geocaches, and look what I found. I had a great time by myself. They got to do what they wanted, and so did I. 


Some of my geocaches this month


OH --- the area, of course, is filled with these guys and their antics all along the wall. 


Seagull


We met up at the car, and it was hilarious as we got there pretty much at the same time from two different directions. We got to the car at 4:00. Our parking expired at 3:58! 

We took a quick detour to Niagara-on-the-Lake but didn't have time to stop. Another day perhaps. Back home to get onto the Virtual Retreat. Actually, I really enjoyed the day, and I MUST get out and do that a wee bit more often instead of trapping myself in sewing stuff. 

I managed to get these two blocks sewn together. This is for my All in a Row quilt, and I seriously want this thing to be done! If I really focus, I might have all the rows sewn together today. But not before I have a session of applique. 

Two more blocks for the All in a Row quilt



I did some other work but realized I didn't take a picture. I'll do that another day. 

And LOOK   --  this is the distance goal for walking across Canada. I'm now less than 1,000 KM from the finish!! This was a two-year goal, and I'm GOING TO MAKE IT. 




I'm looking for a good sew-along pattern. Does anyone have a pattern that they could recommend? I know -- lots of you are already signed up for some, but I'm looking for one more. No Jen Kingwell - I think we've got her covered. I'm looking at the Tula Pink Butterfly - but waiting for that pattern to be rereleased. There is the Rainbow Rainforest by Elizabeth Hartman. That's cute. The sew-along will be on Zoom, so you don't even need to be close to me to sign up! This one will be run through a store. 



Well, it's time to get moving! It's Virtual Retreat day, and I've got tons that I want to accomplish. But first -- let's get those girls out for their walk!!  Be sure to stop by and say HI!!! It's loads of fun, and we do not bite! 

Sunday, September 26 from 10 AM - 8 PM


Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87246635892?pwd=VGY1cUUyLzRaRi9VUVV2ZWFINXc2dz09 Meeting ID: 872 4663 5892 Passcode: 440473


Have a super day!!!


Ciao!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment