Friday, October 7, 2011

Premonition!!!!


That is the LAST time that I will say that I will do NOTHING cause I did pretty much did NOTHING all day!!   My allergies/cold kicked in and it was so beautiful that I sat around - had a nap and read for most of the day!  Oh dear!

I did get some quilting done, but did not get the quilt finished that I hoped to. Well that is now on the agenda for today.

However that does mean that I am able to catch up with some of the stuff from previous.


Here's an update on my redwork project (OK - I lied - I did a couple hours work on this yesterday while I finished the last two CDs of my audiobook!)

Three completed blocks (the top tree is wet in case you are wondering! - had to get rid of the blue pen)

Here is the fourth block. Now here is the question - see those spikes off the border? Should I do ONE stitch or TWO???   I started with two - but that is very time consuming. So I switched to one - much faster!  And it is a small wall hanging so shouldn't make a difference - but what is the right way?????  Guess it depends on the length??

Same thing with the tree block - I started off with TWO stitches per spike on that garland - then switched to ONE and went way faster!!!!   I HATE to do satin stitch in embroidery. The edges are NEVER neat. Yesterday I saw on the internet where someone had stitched a back stitch along the edge to neaten it up and I think it looks not bad!!!!

The Mark-B-Gone pen. This is blue with a fine tip. I used to use the BIG blue one and it is too hard to work on fine detail.  This one works great. Thanks Carol!!!

Here is the one block with the crystals just sitting there. That is going to dress up this project a LOT!!!!  Now here is where the wash out pen wouldn't work. Unless I waited until the end to get rid of the marks. And honestly - it really isn't necessary to mark the position of the crystals anyway!!!   

Close up of the crystals - don't they look BLINGY!!!!!


Here is my second Halloween project.   Yes - I should be stitching the table topper instead of working on the Christmas project!!!!


Halloween lap quilt

Super Simple Squares by Possibilities

This is the quilt from the book - I made mine quite a bit bigger!

To make life easier when sewing together - half of the squares had seams pressed into the orange strip

And half were pressed away from the orange strip

Here is a block PRETRIMMED  

In order to have that orange strip match up nicely at the intersection, it is important to try and have it centered in the block. I put painter's tape on the ruler diagonally to use as a guide

Here is the painter's tape on the wrong side of the ruler!

Trim off two sides with one ruler placement

Turn the block around - line up the ruler (so nice to have a 6 1/2" ruler)

Cut off the opposite two sides and there is a nicely trimmed block. I kept the blocks separated - seams into the orange strips and seams away from the orange strip

Then when I went to put them on the wall - I pulled from alternating piles. That way the seams will be going in opposite directions to make easier sewing together. However I need to rearrange the blocks as some of the motifs are upside down and some colours need to be moved around.


I also got Christmas Heart Light on the design wall.

Christmas Heart Light - need to rearrange those blocks!!!

Blocks are redistributed, but still not in the right place


I will have to get the blocks in the right order soon because as soon as my machine is back on the weekend - I will need to get sewing!!!!!


And what is happiness???????   I think this picture tells all.......


The girls - happy to be together!!!!!


Go away!!!!! - we are trying to SLEEP!!!!!


OK - got a BUSY day planned for today. Let`s hope that allergy med kicks in soon - this leaking like a sieve nose is NOT what I need today.


Have a great day!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment