Saturday, December 10, 2011

Adults do the dumbest things!!!!!!

Should I call this Geocaching at night or should I call it Extreme Hiking??  Either way - it is bizarre to be traipsing around the woods at night with a bunch of people I barely know!

I went out two weeks ago with the gang and the temperature was not bad. But it was dark.

Going for the final cache in a long multi!  (to the uninitiated - that is meaningless!!)

Cool tunnel through the trees

Overlooking a local town at night! 


The theme with this group seems to hit a remote conservation area where it is DARK. But everyone has their headlamps and flashlights - there is no lack of light!!!!!

Last night I went out again. I was hesitant as last time, it took me a LONG time to warm up when I got home. Not that I was cold, but I was chilled if that makes sense. And yesterday the temperature was just around zero. I decided what the heck - let's do it. A new location and it was GORGEOUS - I would love to visit these places in the day time. OK - as a local, I have MISSED a ton of stuff to see.   I can see Marain rolling her eyes - I KNOW she  has been to all these places!!!!    Last night there was a full moon so I didn't even need my light. After walking the dogs in the forest for years in the dark - I feel right at home with these exercises!!!!

See how pretty this is and I am sure in the daytime - and at other times of the year - it is gorgeous!!!


Oh yes - we had snow, but what is a little snow. So there seems to be a theme here - I take up hiking and I am getting right into the snow!!!!


Hunting for a cache

Do you see where it is?????

And now?????



Yes it was a challenge and there were a few that we would not have found had there been more snow.

It was an interesting night. Four men and three women trekked out into the wilderness - LOADED with technology!!!!  But the most ANNOYING thing about the whole evening - one of the guys (unfortunately the guy who organizes the "event") NEVER SHUTS UP!!!!!   He rants on and on about his technology, his this and his that!!!!!    Honestly it is so ANNOYING - I am ready to hit him. Most of these men are VERY EGO CENTRIC. And I barely got a word in edgewise so I just shut up.

I do need to get better organized as well and bring my technological skills up to theirs otherwise I am just tagging along for the hike. They are all very experienced and know just what has to be done and the names of all the caches (I guess that is a bit of homework beforehand).

OMG - now I know how a new quilter feels coming to one of my classes or Monday Motivators!!!!!!   But at least I try to engage that person in the conversations!!!!!

The "highlight" of the evening was when we happened upon a car (yes there were some roads where we were). The car was well tucked in the trees on a VERY private road. That was a surprise to US, but IMAGINE their surprise at seeing SEVEN people with headlamps or not walking out in the woods after 9 PM. They didn't stay long after we walked past!!!!!!


Anyway - I was back in time to pick M up from work at 11 PM.


Got another customer quilt done yesterday as well. In spite of the fact that I had to run out and do errands - all I can say is that errands are TIME CONSUMING!!!!!!!

Customer quilt


I haven't got the group shot of our lunch yet so I am going to wait one more day to post those pictures.

Besides - I have another quilt to do today and MORE ERRANDS as well as tidy up for the Pampered Sit n Sew happening tomorrow.

Now if you have NOTHING to do today - check out this site.

There is thing organized by a lady with a blog. It is called a blog hop and you check out as many or few of the blogs as you want. They all have giveaways. You need to make a comment in order to get in the draws.


Blog Hop


Yes - all of them are much more blog savvy than I. The blogs are LOADED with logos and all kinds of other gadgets (as they are called). I guess I am more of a bare bones kind of person. And I would rather be more productive with my time than that!!!!!!    Oh dear - now I guess I can't put any of that stuff on my blog after having said that!!!!!


Well that's it for today. Quilts and organizing awaits.


Have a great day!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment