Tuesday, December 20, 2011

ZONKED!!!!

The day started off with a lovely breakfast for the staff at The Hobby Horse. While I am not technically "staff", I have been around for a long time - I guess I am almost part of the furniture!!!

Then off to see what the Monday girls have come up with.


And you never know who is going to stop by - Mark (Ronda's husband) came by with the fabric (countdown to Christmas) I need to finish my table runner - This n That mystery. I started reworking it last night - it's all cut and ready to sew which I did a bit of. I'll show you it all when it is complete.

Then Marion came by. Marion was part of my Dragon Star class. Marion - what can I say? She is the MODEL student. If I suggest something - she dives right in. And when the class was looking for suggestions about for quilting of the Dragon Star, I strongly suggested they try stitching in the ditch FREE MOTION. Guess what - she is done the quilting and she did in fact do the stitch in the ditch free motion and it is GORGEOUS.

Marion's FINISHED Dragon Star - AWESOME job Marion!!!!

She even did some free motion in the big empty corner!!!  


And I have another convert to free motion quilting. Diane resisted a LONG time and usually got her daughter Krystyna to do the free motion stuff for her. When Krystyna put her foot down and said NO, Diane had no choice but to get to the free motion herself. And now she LOVES it!!!!!!!


Diane hard at work free motioning one of her MANY projects she has on the go. 


Let's see - there are a few others at Monday that need to be converted. Yes - Margo - I am talking about you!!!!!

However Margo has been busy and no time for free motion quilting since she decided MONTHS ago that she would make placemats for her entire family and there are a LOT of them. She finished the last one yesterday!!!!!


Way to go Margo!!!!    Note that she did NOT make just one per family member - oh no - she made SETS for each family member. Good thing she started months ago because she made LOTS. I hope she takes a picture of them all before she wraps them up!!!!


Lots of other stuff happening on Mondays as well.........................


Joyce made this great Asian themed quilt. I think there is one more border to go on this quilt. 

Jackie got this Debbie Caffrey mystery together. I think she wanted to make it bigger as well. 

Judy got her Santa apron done!!!!   This was from two weeks ago, but she finished up yesterday!!!!


And me - well I trimmed and trimmed and trimmed those %^&**& half square triangles. I got more done on the Bonnie Hunter mystery and more of the red/cream. I am getting sick of both of them and I am NOT DONE yet.

When I got home, I picked up the kids and we went to the gym. I worked out and must have done a great job because by 8:30 PM - I was safely tucked under a quilt in the lazy boy chair trying to read a book and then POOF - I was out and woke up at midnight. Well what to do now that I am wide awake????   I got up and sewed of course!!!!

The t-shirt quilt is almost together.

Current status of t-shirt quilt


Got the border fabric and the backing so I am good to go with getting it done later today. If I'm lucky - I'll even get the quilting one, but first I am going hiking with my group. Which I need to go and get ready - where are those wool socks???????


OK - the holidays may or may not be the best time to do this - but while you are sitting on the sofa enjoying the eggnog - let's do some thinking. What in your house/studio/garage does NOT belong to you?????   Come on - this isn't hard - you know what stuff isn't yours. Stuff left over from when your kids moved out, stuff you brought home when your parents downsized, stuff that friends didn't know what to do with and they gave to you. Stuff that belongs to your best friend, your neighbour, your family and you just haven't gotten around to getting it back to them.

I don't care if you make a list, but I would like EVERYONE to make an effort to get RID OF THE CLUTTER and give back or donate at least ONE THING this week. Come on folks - it is ONE THING!!!!!!    I'll try to give some tips over the next couple of weeks as to what to give and where.

I started off small and hating this process, but the more you clean, the more you want to clean and it becomes way easier!!!!!!    While you do this - I shall finish off my garage and my dining room which has quilt show stuff to be sorted in it.




Have a great day!!


Ciao!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I have done a rough count and have made 74 of the placemats! Also, one shaped like a cupcake. I think I am finished making placemats for a while ~ a long while.

    Margo

    ReplyDelete