Thursday, December 22, 2011

So close.............................

Even though I might be a day behind what my original schedule was, I am SO CLOSE. The t-shirt quilt is quilted!!!!!!!!

T-shirt quilt DONE!!!!!   Well the quilting part!

Always a worry when you do the quilting on T-shirts. Can the needle go through the extra thick seams (in some spots), can the needle go through the images without destroying them, can you avoid hitting buttons and dodads!
In this case - everything worked PERFECT!


I NEED to rearrange the furniture here - I have moved things around and the arrangement is NOT working well. My binding sewing machine got tucked in the corner and when I dug it out to put the binding on, the walking foot wasn't on. GRRRRRRR!    But even though I wasn't in the mood to get that binding on - it is on!!!!   I will sit later today and tomorrow and get that hand stitching done!!!   Too bad I don't watch TV - I could watch Christmas movies, but then I would be asleep and get nothing done so that won't work. I've got a couple of audio books - I'll catch up on those.


That leaves one more quilt and those darn pillow shams. After a nap right after dinner (working out at the gym is hard work!!!!) and then a trip to the drug store, I decided that I could NOT put off the pillow shams any longer. And ONE is complete!!!   The other is almost done.

I sort of forced myself to do them since I switched sewing machines earlier in the day and that meant if I wanted to sew, I would have to switch the machine back. Not a good idea UNTIL the quilting was done!!!

Pillow sham one - DONE

Pillow sham two - almost done

I've done so much quilting on the long arm, that I almost "forgot" how to quilt on the small machine. Yikes - even with the table and the perfect set up - it is so much easier on the big machine!!!!   No it is not that bad, but I can zip around faster on the long arm. But since the small machine is set up for quilting - I have a couple of other small projects that I could zip off in a couple of hours. Yes - they are on the 2012 shelf!!!!   Well one of them is - I'll dig the other out.

So now that I am getting caught up, I can barely wait to get started on my own stuff which I spread out over the work tables - I just can't help myself. This was the stuff that was sitting on the sewing table before.


Most of this won't take long once I get the free time to work on it!!!!


So despite it being a work day, there was still excitement in my house. There is always excitement here!!!!

Have a look at what happened........................


So just a normal kitchen shot...................

Hmmmmmm - what happened to the dishwasher?????????

Out with the old and in with the BRAND NEW MIELE!!!!!!!!!!


Our old dishwasher (old - the darn thing was SEVEN years old) was just a pain. We have had a grit problem with the thing for a LONG TIME. I've tried CLR, I've tried vinegar - and I mean I have left these products sit in the dishwasher 24 hours at a time trying to dissolve whatever is there. Nothing worked. the grit returned. I could wash plates and bowls, but no way would it wash cutlery or glasses/cups. Which was a pain cause I was getting tired of hand washing that stuff. After visiting Goeman's Appliances and speaking to a very knowledgeable sales rep, I realized that I would NEVER be happy with the old dish washer and so I bought the Miele.

I have heard nothing but good about the Miele so I am happy!!!!!   And no one has to hand wash dishes on Christmas Day!!!!!    I am so excited!!!!!!!!


I managed to get out and do some shopping yesterday and found a GORGEOUS sweater at Mark's Work Warehouse. It is a short sleeve sweater coat. Not that long, but really really nice. Just perfect for those days when I want something on my back, but not on my arms which is often. I bought black - after much thought about whether I should buy black or the moss green. I wore the sweater last night in the studio and I'm thinking I might go back and buy the moss green one as well.

My new favourite sweater!!!!   This one didn't even make it upstairs to the closet. I just brought it down here!


Remember those red/cream half square triangles.............................

I think I did not bad - every time I walked past the cutting table - I trimmed a couple. While I waited for the iron to heat up - I trimmed a couple. Another day - maybe two - and I'll be done!!!!!    Then I get to work on the Bonnie Hunter ones, but first - I have to get the rest of those sewn!!


I went to the gym to work out with Alwin yesterday. Oh boy - I learned something important. OK - I already knew it, but it got driven home yesterday big time. I pulled/tore or somehow damaged a muscle in the back of my knee while on my bike trip this past July. Once the bike trip was over, I haven't ridden much and with the exception of walking, I haven't really exercised my legs since July. Yesterday I was feeling not too bad and we decided to do some stretching after the arm workout. I've been doing upper body workouts since July. Well - just getting on my knees and stretching back was PAINFUL - but NOT in the injured knee. No because I do a bit of work with that knee - no it was the OTHER knee. Honestly the joint was seized up - how can this be - I walk every day, my muscles are strong, but you know the saying - USE IT or LOSE IT. Well, I MUST MUST MUST do a bit of stretching, exercise on the legs every day - well at least once a week. I couldn't believe how bad shape that knee was in. And I think I over did it with my other knee because it is achy today, but if I don't start small - I am never going to get back on my bike for another long distance ride. I NEED those MRI results so I know how to move forward in the training.

I made a quick trip to Chapter's yesterday. OK - so I need to look at the magazines even though I am not buying as many. I saw this new magazine about scraps -


Scrap quilt magazine

Since I love scraps and scraps are the big thing these days, I sat down to peruse the magazine. Good thing I did, because MOST of the quilts were from previous issues!!!!!    Nothing new (well we know that is always the case). What I did NOT like was there did not seem to be a reference to say this quilt was originally published on (pick a date). This is McCall's and yes the quilts were previously published in McCall's, but no mention of that. I did NOT buy it.

Now here is another dilemma I have. What the heck am I going to do with all these projects I finish??????   I am going to have to find another spot for FINISHED projects. Maybe that is why I haven't finished much!!!!


On that note - it is time to get to work. A binding to hand stitch, a quilt to load on the machine and that last bit of stippling on the pillow sham. Can this be the day it all gets done???????


Have a great day!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment