Saturday, September 8, 2012

Decisions, decisions, decisions..................


I am THANKFUL that I am not in the position to make this decision. This weekend is the Weekend to End Women's Cancers. Thousands of people will be walking 30 K today and 30 K tomorrow in support of the cause and they raised $10 million dollars this weekend. It is the walking version of the bike ride that I do earlier in the year.

It is a very emotional weekend - you want to walk and know that what you are doing, raising money, training, and finally walking is NOTHING compared to what those with cancer have to go through. However today - well it is POURING rain. I am not talking raining, I am talking POURING!!!!!!!!

When I took the girls out for a walk (much later than normal because even they did NOT want to go out), I had rain boots on, a HUGE umbrella, I was walking in the forest and I was only out for about 15 minutes and I was getting wet. It is CRAZY out there.

So if I had chosen to walk this weekend, even though I would be doing it for a good cause - I would think twice about walking in this rain!!!!

Go Anna - this is Anna's TENTH year to walk (Anna also does the ride with me). Stay dry?????  


Yesterday was another one of those crazy busy days, but I did manage to spend a LOT of it in my studio. However it is all top secret stuff and I can't show you. I have a number (hmmm - let's see - the exact number that I am working on at this moment - SEVEN!!!!!) of those block exchanges that need to be completed and making good progress on those and of course, there is that project for the end of the month. So even though I worked hard, I really don't much to "show" for it!!!!!!!!!!!


However, I did get the latest issue of A Needle Pulling Thread in the mail yesterday.

Two more great articles by ME!!!!

Fall - 2012 issue of A Needle Pulling Thread

Tech Tips - Backings for Quilts

And what to do with those T-shirts!!!!!!


There are some other great articles this issue as well - an artist profile of an old friend. Martha Brown. I just love her stuff - you can check it out on www.bluemoonfabricarts.com   (there seems to be a problem with the web site today).

Anyway she made a comment in the article which I will share with you............

"I've found that too much exposure to the outside world can cause you to stop listening to that little intuitive voice inside that knows what is best for you."


My take on that is "don't spread yourself too thin" or you don't have time to explore and do creative stuff. That is MY PROBLEM. And goes back to the copyright thing from yesterday - if you see too much stuff - then "what you create - is it really your own or subconsciously you stole someone else's idea????"


Bottom line - I need to book LOTS and LOTS of days where I just play in the studio and not work on someone else's idea (like block exchanges). Challenges are OK - because you only have a theme to work with. So those block exchanges are definitely GONE for next year. Not that they will free a lot of time physically, but they will free a lot of mental real estate and that is important.

I am not sure what else I will be able to say NO to, but I am thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Also a great article on sewing machine needles, how to check tension when knitting (I need to read that), great quilts to make, knitted projects, beading, rug hooking and MUCH MUCH more.


And I love the comment left on the blog yesterday - "I try to break one rule or law EVERYDAY!!!!!!"
I LOVE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     Hmmmmmmm  - what rule or law will I break today??????    Honestly we are so governed that you are afraid to do anything because it isn't right or politically correct. I'm not sure how we have ended up in this mess, but I'm getting tired of it!!!!!!!!!!!!  


OK - I'm out of here to find a rule/law to break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment