Sunday, July 19, 2015

Surprise!


Yes - I got on a plane, but instead of heading for Saskatchewan, I ended up in BC!!!!   I decided about a week before leaving (when I bought my ticket) that I would take a couple of days to visit family in BC then head back and stop in Saskatchewan on the way home.  The thought of being able to do Row by Row from coast to coast NEVER crossed my mind!!!!


For a travel day - it was pretty uneventful.  Except that I did NOT get a lot of sleep the night before. So I was tired, but I don't sleep well on a plane.

Direct flight to Vancouver. Had to stop for a quick peek in the book store at the Vancouver airport.  NO magazines that I could spot, but look what I did find!!!!   ADULT colouring books and pencil crayons!!!!




Colouring books for adults 
 Actually they had a Japanese theme which would be appropriate for Vancouver.

And how about this wall in the women's washroom.  Anyone up for making a quilt like that????


Tile in the women's washroom

Artwork in the Vancovuer airport


Then onto phase two which is a short TWELVE minute flight to Victoria.   But I love this airport - outside - the weather is GORGEOUS!!!!!


Boarding for the short flight to Victoria


Once there, I got my car (NOT CHEAP!!!), collected my luggage and turned on the GPS and I'm off.

I've been here often enough that I know how to get around, but I am not that familiar with Victoria and I needed a GPS for that. And why????   Well - one must get to the local quilt shops for sure.

Satin Moon quilt shop

I have been to this store numerous times. This is the third location!!!!!    Lots of neat stuff and I picked up the row by row kit.  They didn't have a license plate on the list, but when I asked - oh yes - they have one coming later this week.  Great - I'll be gone by then. But there is always good old Canada Post.

I also visited TWO other quilt stores near Victoria.  Funny - the address for both was Victoria and next thing I knew I was out in the country. Ended up in Langford which apparently is still a part of Victoria.  Weird!!!!!  

Then it was off to the ferry to get to Salt Spring Island.


Waiting for the ferry!
 I had no idea what the schedule was - I just went to the terminal when I was done quilt shop hopping.  AH - perfect timing - I had 40 minutes to wait.  Tried to sleep in the car, but it is HOT out here.


On the ferry!!!!!

Mount Maxwell on SSI

Fulford Harbour



So yes - I arrived safely at my aunt and uncle's house.  It has been 5 years since I was here last and I was on my bike that time.  Nice to see them and learn all the latest gossip.

I was so tired that it hurt!!!!!   Needless to say I was in bed early - well that is all relative. It was 10:30 PM by Ontario time, but early for here.


Have a great day!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment