Sunday, October 23, 2011

EXHAUSTED!

Well I have NOT slept in until 7:40  AM in years. Normally the big black dog is there to wake me up. Little Sammy couldn't care less what time she gets up, but Sparky needs a routine. She came home late last night and definitely NOT herself. She ate a little bit last night - ate more this morning. Poor thing is back on pain killers which can make her lethargic.

Meanwhile with people coming and going in our house and the two dogs neither of whom are in good health at the moment - I kept getting woken up. And after those three tiring days at the CreativFestival - yep - I needed that sleep.

Dragon Star (so far)


Last night, I managed to get the other two corners ALMOST pieced. You can see the first two of eight diamonds are in there. Yes - it is starting to look pretty awesome. We had show n tell yesterday in my class - I am so far behind in posting pictures - I may never catch up. Hopefully this week I can get caught up.

The class went home dazed as we covered a lot in hopes of getting it finished next month so I have to get all those pictures up for them. That is my priority!!!


Yes - I did purchase one thing yesterday. No time for anything else, but I have my eye on a few things. Of course all the things I want - have been sold out and that is just fine by me!!!!  And the booth (Homestead Stitches) has a LOT (OK - that is all they sell) of Primitive Gatherings and I love the wool applique - the same as my Halloween table mat that I was working on. They have a great web site - have a look.

Homestead Stitches


So this is what I bought. Mary has been enamoured with the book  called City Quilts. All the quilts are done with SOLID Kona cottons. I have to admit that they are appealing and there is one that I had chosen to make. I was going to buy some solids and add black. Then I ran into Mad About Patchwork (we were introduced to this store a couple of months ago at a quilt show). Well they had a kit for this quilt (I wasn't going to add the blues, but what the heck - why not???). The price was right and it was the last one. I bought it.


Kit for City Green from City Quilts book


If you are into brights or solids - then this is the store for you - Mad About Patchwork.


Mad About Patchwork   (check them out - great stuff)



And then there is my all-time favourite store. I went in to purchase something and got waylaid talking to another cyclist and that ended the shopping, but I am going back today!!!!   The store - The Quilt Patch from Moose Jaw.

The Quilt Patch

Their second book was just released (no time to go into detail this morning) and their FIRST fabric line will be  in stores in February (I think!)


Enjoy those web sites - don't spend too much. And I got to run. Oh yes - this is the last day of the show. Tear down day - my favourite and it will be a LONG day since the show next door - The Sex Show (more about that later!) is tearing down at the same time. As if it wasn't chaotic enough when ONE show tears down - no they have to tear down TWO shows at once. Let's hope everyone has sold so much that tear down will be quick and easy. It is NEVER quick and easy for us. I am tired just thinking about it!!!!!


Have a great day!!!


Ciao!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Elaine, Think "RETREAT"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That is spectacular! Thanks for the links.. love the new kit I've always wanted to do one with solids.

    ReplyDelete