Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Halloween is coming!

Yes - it is now October. How did that happen? Well I am going to try and have a project completed for Halloween. And yes - I have several started.

First - Big Black Dog update - she is STILL at the animal hospital!!!!!    Poor Sparky. She is very happy to see me when I go visit, but upset and sad when I leave. So am I!!!!   Almost brings me to tears to leave her there. She did have food yesterday so that is a good thing, and is going to have a second ultrasound this morning to see how the pancreas is. If no better - well - not going there. Hopefully she comes home TODAY!!!!!!

Here is the first one......

OH - this is my Halloween cup - have to get in the spirit here!!!!   And yes - that is a hot chocolate, not tea!  I have the occasional hot chocolate at home, but never at TIm's. 

Halloween Table Mat by Primitive Gatherings!
I bought this as a kit - notice the size - 24" in diameter!


Now I try NOT to read instructions if I can help it!  Essentially you applique the pieces onto the background - stitch them, then fuse a piece of backing on and finish off that scalloped edge. But how to get the steam a seam on the outside scallop only??  Well - here is the method I devised (and Marian told me to read the directions, but I am NOT a follower of instructions!!)

Made a template of 1/8 of the circle (as per the pattern - template was included)

Then using that same template - prepared a piece of Steam a Seam so that is generously covered that white line I had previously marked

Steam a seam all around the scallops

Using chalk-o-liner and ruler  - marked off the sections

Use the template again and a sharpie to draw the actual shape onto the Steam a Seam. Then cut out with scissors.

Table topper - waiting for the spider webs to be drawn in and all the stitching!!!


I am really happy with this table runner. I think it is turning out gorgeous. I forgot to make the cat's eyes - so have to do those and then mark the spider web and stitch them.

Got to make this short this morning - I'll finish the Halloween stuff tomorrow. I mean - I will finish showing them!!!!

Have a great day!!!!


Ciao!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Elaine! I saw your blog name in your e-mail to the quiltersgroup to me and thought I'd check it out. Your blog is fun! I love, love your darling Halloween mug. I'm also really digging your table topper -- well done! So, are you normally a tea drinker? Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete