Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A PLAY DAY!!!!!

I had yesterday booked off as a play day!!  However my original plans fell through so I went to Plan B.

I picked up Jeanne, Shelley and Marian and we were off on an adventure!  And what an adventure. We compared notes, we laughed, we chatted, we drove everywhere and just had a SUPER SUPER day.

I know - you want to know what we did?????

Well.............................   you just had to be there!!!!   But here are a few pictures to show that we actually were out and about.

We did make a pit stop at The Quilting Bee (one of my favourite booths from the CreativFestival). Remember I told you they were moving? November 1 or thereabouts - grand re-opening on November 26???   Remember that????   Well - you MUST MUST MUST mark November 26 on your calendar. We got a sneak peek at the new space. I think they probably mopped the floor after we left. We were all drooling at the idea of the store in that GORGEOUS space. Two beautiful balconies running the length of the store, amazing storage area, classroom - well it is going to be GREAT GREAT GREAT!!!!!!!!    I cannot wait to see the new place. The store is in Fonthill and if have never been there - you should plan to go. If you are familiar with the store - they are moving to the BACK of the same building. Looking at the building - go left around the corner.


Yes - I did pick up my green thread.

Green COSMO thread


Now that I have the thread - I had better get back to stitching. Gosh - I can't even remember when I last sat down in the evening and stitched!!!

I also managed to get some fabric that I had been looking for. Remember those strips I was cutting a while back - of course you don't remember. Let me remind you!!!!

Strips from the scrap bags by Moda


Anyway - I needed a neutral to go with this and I found one at The Quilting Bee. Yeah!!!!

Matching fabric - more about that floral tomorrow!


I picked up a few other things as well and then we bundled back into the car and off to our next destination.

We went to a place where they had flowers....

Gorgeous mums!!!!!

So do you know where we went???  Would you like another clue?????   Heck the location of that quilt store should be a dead give away!!!!!   OK - here's another clue........


Lots of water!


OK - so do you know now????   Yep - we went to Niagara Falls. It is such a spectacular place. I just love going and while we were there - we saw this beautiful rainbow.

Rainbow over the falls - that is the American side of Niagara in the background. The Canadian side on the right


THE Falls (as the local signs say!!)



It is a shame that none of the information that used to be in the main building is there anymore. OH - it is there, but now you have to pay to get access to it. There is a show or lecture or something. That is such a shame and just a money grab. They could give you some FREE information.

"Tame" seagull. Some guy put his hand right on this one - ick!!!!!


Then we bundled back into the car and off to the next stop.  Well a couple of next stops actually and they all had a similar flavour (so to speak)







I think you get the picture!!!!!!

Do you think they could stand together?????   NO!!!!

Nuff said!!!!



It was a FUN FUN FUN day and I really really really needed it. Thanks Jeanne, Shelly and Marian!!!!!!

It had started to rain late in the afternoon and getting from Niagara on the Lake back to downtown was a pain and then back through the traffic was equally bad. But I had the radio and I was relaxed (not THAT relaxed - I was responsible!!!!!). I made it home at 8 PM!!!!!!    Needless to say, I did take out for dinner and went to bed early!!!!!


Today - well that is another day. Back to reality. I did get some more done on Dragon Star this morning.

Current status of Dragon Star


Now I am off to the doctor to arrange for the MRI and taking M to arrange for an X-ray. Poor thing fell off her bike on the weekend and has bruised/cracked a rib(s). Ah - there is never a DULL moment in this house!!!!


Have a great day!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you and your friends had a wonderful day. Wish a few friends and I could find a day agreeable to everyone and just....escape!!

    Your Dragon Star is going to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete