Saturday, October 8, 2011

Off to a slow start today!

Well not really - it has just taken me a few extra minutes to get to the blog. And what was I doing? I seem to be getting more requests (perhaps because Christmas is coming) for quilts made from T-shirts  or jerseys. How to show the potential customers what I have done before??  Since I do not have a web site (should look into that), I decided to download the pictures to Flickr. I am not that familiar with Flickr, so took a few minutes to figure that out. Then to figure out how to organize the pictures. And I spent a LOT of time trying to find a particular photo and I still haven't found it yet. But I did find others and did a bit of organizing while I was searching.

If you want to check out the pictures - here is the link (Note - there are still a lot of pictures missing especially in the tie quilt section)

My Flickr account


Anyway - there you have the reason why I am late!!!


Despite the fact that Marian and Kaylee did come over yesterday - I still managed to get a LOT done.

I had the serger out and going strong.



My serger

Yes - I am using PINS - I am doing the hotdog method of pillowcases and only one seam to add the header to the bottom part, so much easier to hold everything together with pins

Why do I love this serger - well there are NO tensions to play  with. It is completely automatic. I love it!!!!

I made EIGHT pillowcases. They need to be turned and pressed - I was waiting for the fray check to dry on the ends of the serged seams

And this - well you will just have to wait to see what this is. I hope to finish it today. Let's just say that it is NOT cotton. And NO it is nothing wearable!!!!!!    Wouldn't I look HOT wearing a pair of pants made from that!  Talk about being a courgar!!!!


Last night I was torn between working on the Christmas redwork or the Halloween table runner. Hmmm - Christmas or Halloween?  I finally decided to get to work on the Halloween.

Drew on the spider web and started the stem stitch with the Cosmos floss. Have to watch that I don't pull it out of shape!

Close up of stem stitch - while it is not bad - I wish I was more consistent with this stitch. I guess it is just practice!!!!!


And that's it for today - I am going to give my picture search one more try!!!!!   I know I did lose some photos a while back when my system crashed, but I don't think that one picture was among the dead!!   I'll see.


Have a great day!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I loved those flash mobs sites. My favourite was Sound of Music

    ReplyDelete