Monday, November 28, 2011

What was LOST is now FOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOD - I am REALLY losing my mind.

Remember last week that I had traced out some applique pieces on some Steam a Seam and then POOF - it literally disappeared. I searched through everything that I was working on at that time. Searched under the cutting table, in the project bag, the Monday box, - I mean I looked EVERYWHERE.

Then yesterday when I was getting some stuff ready for today, I had to trace an image onto Steam a Seam and went to the light box.

And there was MY MISSING PIECE OF STEAM A SEAM with the images traced on. 


Yeah - who would have thought I had taken it to the light box. I think I know why - there was ONE arm that I needed to use the light table to trace. I had two pieces of Steam a Seam and when I traced on one - the other one got left behind. Obviously my brain is NOT working these days. That I forgot where I put that - that quickly!!!!


And then last night, I was sitting at the computer chatting on the phone. At one point, I pushed my chair back and just sat there looking at the computer desk. THEN I almost fell off the chair. Can you guess what I saw???????    Something that has been missing for MONTHS.


My quilt hangers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I can't believe it!!!!!

The darn things were so close to me - they could have bit me if they were any closer!!!!!


See - there they are - nestled between the two white buckets!!!



But you can't see them when you are close up!





Unfortunately, I didn't have a third item that I was missing cause I am sure I would have found that as well.




So what do you get when you take...............


scraps of batting

squares of flannel (already pre-cut!!!!!!  - probably years ago!!!)

And fusible interfacing (lightweight)
 Well...............................

First you join the batting strips with 1 1/4" strips of fusible interfacing - then cut 6 1/4" squares of batting
Then you end up with 63 squares ( 6 1/4")of batting  and 63 (8") of  flannel for backing and 63  (8") squares of multi-coloured flannel for the front   (and yes - it took me a few minutes to figure out why I had 63 square - oh yes - 7 squares by 9 squares - DUH!!!!!

Equals a KIT for a rag quilt that got packed into a box to be sewn into a rag quilt at some point. But at least it is NOW ready to go!!!!!


Well - I still have a few things to prepare for Monday and my brains seems to be in slow motion mode so I had best get started now!!!!


Have a great day!!!!


Ciao!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment