Thursday, March 7, 2013

And Sammy makes THREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh dear - I forgot about poor little Sammy yesterday. The weather was beautiful  - warm and the dogs want to be outside. Then they want to be inside. Then outside, then inside - well you get the picture.

Normally when I leave the house, I line up the dogs and they each get a treat. OK - I feel guilty leaving them behind!!!   I had to run out yesterday and didn't have time for the treat. That was at 2:30 PM. When M got home at 5:00 PM - guess what????  Little Sammy was outside!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   And had been for hours!!!!   Oh dear - I completely forgot that she was outside. Thank god it wasn't a kid!!!!   But it was a nice day and no harm done - she was fine. She does like to be outside.


One, two, three dogs - can't forget anyone, but I did!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And for some reason - they LOVE sitting, playing on the hot tub. Silly girls!!!!!


On the walk this morning, I swear that Sammy and Sparky and I did about 1 KM, Kaylee must have done TEN. She checked out every corner of the woods and came back to report, then was off in another direction. But she is very good and always comes back when called. Good Kaylee, but she has NO CLUE what to do with the carrots that the girls get as their morning treat. What is this orange thing????? ICK!!!!


Another busy day yesterday and I got two small customer quilts done.


Customer quilt Number one
Detail of quilting
Customer quilt number two - DONE
Detail of quilting


Now these were not that big, but they still take time to load, set up and quilt and then take off and trim. I have THREE more small ones to do - hopefully today. I am not sure what I am going to quilt today. Trying to get through the backlog. Well it isn't a backlog, but a number have to be done for upcoming quilt shows and a couple more of mine need to be done. Doesn't matter - I am having fun with it and that is all that counts!!!!!!!!!!!


Now where was I going in such a hurry that I left little Sammy outside????   I was off to the gym to get a facial. They have a spa at the gym - a HUGE spa and it seems to be pretty busy. Like all spas, they are expensive so I tend to NOT go often. However I had a discount coupon and I wanted to make use of it, so a facial it was!!!

Now you go into a quiet room with soft music. The lights are dimmed a bit, you take off your clothes and lie on a HEATED bed, under some nice warm blankets. Someone rubs creams and lotions all over your face and neck (and I got a hand and foot massage with the facial). The the esthetician asked about the mask - would you like the powerful one or the gentle one. Oh - might as well go for the powerful one which is made with PAPRIKA. OUCH - that burned - didn't burn the skin, but I felt it!!!!!    Then the HOT towels and OH MY GOD - I'm dozing off here. Stay focused on relaxing. Then I hear CLICK and the esthetician walks out of the room. Hmmmmmmm - am I done??????   Well I still have something on my face  and shoulders (cloths???) something on my eyes, and my head is still wrapped in a towel.

Surely she would have said "have a nice day???"   But I was dozing and just heard her close the door when she left. Shoot - how long should one lie here before you think - OK - time to get up?????   Is it over all ready?????  Oh - she comes. I am not done. Ahhhhhhh - now I can relax again and I think I fell asleep. And then she took off all the stuff, unwrapped my head, gave me some samples and I was done!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah - wouldn't it be nice to be able to afford one of those every week?????   I would look BEAUTIFUL!!!!  But no worry - I FEEL beautiful and that is all that counts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Last night was our class for Dragon Star. These ladies are AMAZING. Wow - they are plowing through the homework like a hot knife through butter. And the quilts all look AWESOME. I cannot wait to see them completed!!!!


And the neat thing is that everyone did something different with those big diamonds
Joyce

Sheila


Angela

Liz

Lynn
Marnie

Teresa (a tad behind), but she is still working on the project


Andrea

Atty




And I managed to get a few more blocks completed on Intertwined...............


Intertwined


And there you have it. Time to get busy today and see what I can accomplish.


I found this company at the bicycle show. They sell women's active wear - check out the video for this dress. I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The stuff isn't cheap, but very cute.   (it is the first video or the Marie dress)


Dress video



Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment