Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Routine


Did you ever pay attention to your day? How much of it is routine? I have to say that the first part of my day is more or less routine and then all heck breaks loose.

And the other thing that I love? Technology!!!!!!!   Yes - despite all my woes, I love when things work. Like having my calendar on Google. Which talks to my phone. So when I book an appointment on my phone - by magic it appears on my calendar on my computer. OK - so it is all connected, but still nice to have it all in one place. And alarms - well I get TWO notifications on the phone and TWO on the computer or and TWO on the iPad - so if I miss something - well it is because it is NOT on the Google calendar!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday was a "typically" routine day.

Started by finishing a customer quilt - a BIG one. By lunch it was trimmed and the customer had picked it up.


Customer quilt

detail of quilting



Then off to bridge class where my brain is full - just full. If you have these cards, then you need to use this code word to tell the entire table what you have. If you have these cards, but not those cards, then you use a different code word. I want to know why you just can't say - I have 5 hearts - what do you have????   Wouldn't that be a whole lot easier??????   All this secret stuff - it's like being part of a secret society. And here I thought it was a bunch of little old ladies (oooops - you know what I mean) out for tea and cookies in the afternoon!!!!!   NOPE - this is secret spy stuff!!!!!    I can see that a LOT of quiet study time in going to be in order to get my brain wrapped around all these rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M and I went to our dress making class last night. Guess what???????   Yes - I finally got the dress cut out. But I am glad I waited because they were doing fittings and I learned a LOT about how to put in the lining and fitting BEFORE I start to sew. Now let's see who is smart??????    I don't think the teacher had made this dress so that makes it a bit tough for her.


Of course - put a camera in the hands of a kid and look what you get.....................



Scary!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even scarier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh - here is the nice one. Notice she did NOT take a nice one of me! Thanks kid!!!!!!!!!!
The "gate" at the end of our drive. It is getting bigger, but I can't really do much more. The rest of the snow is deep and solid ICE. 
 M did very well on her dress. Don't forget she is using SLIPPERY satin. A pain to sew, but she is doing pretty good. Slow, but good. And I am coaching her so it is hard for me to get something done. We have TWO weeks before the next class, so I had better get myself together and sew my dress.



A true sewer - M was covered with threads when we left!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was a gorgeous day yesterday and the girls were outside. Sparky got up on the hot tub so she could survey the backyard.


Kaylee is here at the moment and it is funny to see her and Sparky play. Sparky stays in one spot - barks and Kaylee goes running hysterically around the yard. Then comes back to Sparky who barks and then Kaylee goes running off in the opposite direction. It is a hoot to watch!!!!!!!!!    I shall try to get a video. 

Kaylee loves to sit and watch the backyard. There are raccoons, rabbits and squirrels out there and she feels it is her duty to do TWO things. First she must alert us that something is in the backyard. Doesn't matter that it is 10:30 PM, 7:00 AM OR EVEN 3:30 AM, but a BIG RESOUNDING    WOOF  soon lets you know that there is something lurking out there. Second, she MUST go out to chase the danger away from the house!!!!   I feel very safe, although Sammy is a bit miffed because that is her job and she isn't as fast as Kaylee!!!!!
Kaylee checking out the backyard. 



On that note - I am out of here. Another busy day and I am PUMPED to get a lot done.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment