Friday, March 8, 2013

All about SCHOOL

Oh boy - why is this parenting thing so HARD??????   Now I must admit that I am NOT always the easiest person to get along with. I am opinionated, I am stubborn, I have anger management issues!!!!   I know - who would have thought???

BUT I am also the first to admit that I have those issues. I hate conflict with a passion and yet lately my life seems to be filled with conflict. And it all stems from my teen.

Just so you think we are at complete odds that is NOT TRUE. Both sides believe that getting an education is important. We are already through a HUGE hurdle. And the next hurdle is WHAT SUBJECT to pursue, but that is also decided. "something" in the Fashion Industry and I am OK with that. BUT the next hurdle is WHAT SCHOOL to go to. I guess I should be thankful that TWO out of THREE things are decided. But the third one - well it is killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

There are options and more options and well I am just getting tired of discussing the entire issue. It is mentally and physically exhausting.

Now I am still young enough to remember having these discussions with my parents, but NOT to the same extent.

I don't want to belabour the point, but life is a bit stressful these days.

However, we went to the open house at George Brown last night and I WANT TO GO TO SCHOOL. I did take part of the diploma program at Sheridan in 2000 in Textiles, but I got busy with quilting and just did not have time to finish it. BUT - I would love to go back and do it all over again. I know that some schools even give seniors a complete break on the fees (not Sheridan in this program), but some of the others do. Of course I am NOT a senior yet.

I don't know exactly where all this is going to end, but in the meantime, my calendar is filling up with visits to open houses, phone calls and meetings with people in the fashion industry. Hey - I might go to school to learn to sew!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or become a designer or a magazine editor!!!!!   I'll have all the knowledge!!!!

And the hardest thing of all is that as an adult and having gone through MANY "educations in life", you want to try and help your child avoid some of those issues. Yes - I know they need to learn by their mistakes, I know they need to mature and find their own way. Why can't they just let the parents help a teeny bit???

OH - I should qualify one thing lest you think I am a MICRO MANAGING parent. If my child chooses to go to college - I am OK with that. If my child choose to go to university - I am OK with that. And she is smart enough to figure out what program is going to be most appropriate for her (hopefully), BUT I take issue with a private school (at mega $) that gives a crash course in the fashion industry and then expects you to get a business degree via online learning over a course of 2  1/2 years. And considering that a LOT of the students at this school already have a degree. I shall NOT belabour that point, but just so you understand the issue!!!!!


Well - I did NOT get much quilting done yesterday so I have a lot to get done today.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment