Tuesday, March 26, 2013

It's all in the cards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Yes - there are THREE posts today. And I still have lots more to post, but I had better get to work or I will have to fire myself!!!   WAIT - it is that easy?  OK - YOU ARE FIRED!!!!!!   No WAIT - then who will quilt these quilts? OK - you can have a bit more time to blog and then get to work!!!!!!!!!!


Last week, I wanted to send a couple of cards to a couple of people. I buy cards, but then I never send them. I am VERY VERY bad. I LOVE cards. I LOVE getting cards and I LOVE sending them. I just don't send them often enough.

Now here is one of the best things about having LIKE things together. All my cards were in the same spot. So finding an appropriate card wasn't going to be a problem. And once ALL LIKE things are in the same spot - it is easy to organize and easy to see if you need more of something. So while the cards were all together, they were NOT organized. I took the time to get them organized.


Sorting through the cards

My THREE boxes of cards - one is strictly Christmas (and there was Christmas in all three boxes), one box is all QUILT THEMED cards and the third is everything else

And then there are these boxes of cards with bicycles on them which will NOT fit in the boxes. Yes - I LOVE these!!!!!   


Now I came across an issue. I had some cards that were inexpensive cards that you get from those fundraisers. Well - BIG problem.............

The sticky part of the envelope got stuck to the front of the card. So now the envelope and the card are useless. Well NOT completely

I emptied this box that had blank cards in it

And put the damaged cards in there. I put these with my MIXED MEDIA stuff and I want to go through there and rip off parts that I can use in MIXED MEDIA stuff. I am trying to make it easy to do the MIXED MEDIA and if I get stuff like this ready to go - then it will be easy to start?????   One can only hope!!!!



A bunch of GOOD cards that I put in the give away box. I mean - I bought them and never used - what is the point of keeping them. I did keep the sympathy cards since that seems to a popular card these days.  

More stuff I found - blank envelopes which I will send to my mom as she makes tons of cards and can always use envelopes. And two mats which went in the mixed media box. 

Oh yes - I was good at buying cards for a particular situation and then years later - here it still sits.


So in this case - I chose TWO cards. And both of them are gone to the person they were chosen for. 

With the cards, I also found this notebook that I recently purchased. It is now with the notebooks, although I  need to start using one of my cycle notebooks instead of the one I currently use. ACK - but I want to finish the current book FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then M was downtown on Saturday and look what she found for me. More cards and another notebook!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOD - I also found this picture. This is hilarious. When I lived in Montreal MANY years ago, I "ran" and I use that term loosely. I never was a runner. Anyway - I signed up for a couple of short runs -  This one was 10K. The final 1/4  km was run around the Olympic Stadium track. I must admit running into that stadium was pretty exciting. People were in the stands, but they were there for a baseball game that was going to start in a bit. This was taken in the 80's but I would have to go and dig out the year which doesn't really matter. This is me arriving at the FINISH LINE - I remember the time - well approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes or something like that. 


Well there you have it - THREE posts today with more on the way. Hopefully.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



PS - go find something that you can organize today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It feels great to get something done!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment