Sunday, March 10, 2013

The DEVIL made me do it!!!!!!!!!!!


Yesterday I was at the Hobby Horse teaching a class. I know -  it was so nice and wished I could be outside, but there will be plenty of time for that later.


The girls were very industrious and here are the fruits of their labour..............

The class was called Intertwined - you know - the one that I have been working on..............

Intertwined

They all went scrappy...

Erica got ambitious and managed to complete FOUR blocks, plus lots of bits and pieces.

Raeanne got one block together and lots of bits and pieces

Linda - one block and lots of bits and pieces

Shelley got the base block done and made some half square triangles and then wasn't sure  if she liked them together so she is going to experiment!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barb was doing the other quilt - Leftovers and she got several blocks done. 


Once the girls get working, I have a bit of free time so I try to keep myself entertained. I took some tasks that I was putting off at home and since I was my own captive audience, I had no choice but to get them done.

I cut the borders for that hand quilted quilt. You know - the quilt as you go one. Then this morning, I decided to add the borders. I got the two side borders on and I think I might quilt them AND THEN, I will add the other two borders. So far it doesn't look bad - let's see how it loads on the machine. After a couple of "mistakes" in working with the wrong size of batting or backing, this should be a piece of cake!!!!!!!!    (the white on the outside is the extra backing needed to load the quilt on the long arm. It will be gone when the quilt is complete)


The hand quilted quilt - ready to hit the machine for round one of the borders. I was going to have to take it off to turn it anyway to do the top and bottom borders, so this won't be an issue. 

And OH OH - what is this??????   That is NOT Hopscotch is it????  NO - you said you would NOT do another one for a long time. Well.....................    Technically is is not Hopscotch - it is FOUR Hopscotch quilts!!!!!!!     Yep - these are the quilts I wanted to make for my cousins boys. I am going to make the quilts all the same so no fighting!!!!!!!!!

This is what I was going to use, but the motif is a tad too big for Hopscotch, so I will make a quilt with just squares of this stuff. Just to get it used up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had some more scrap yardage and it is now cut up and ready to be processed into rug making stuff
See - I was VERY productive, but I also need a new blade in that rotary cutter!!!!!!!


Then for some reason, when I got home, I was exhausted. M's quilt (the one with the plush backing) was laying on the sofa calling my name. Test me - test me - test me. And despite the fact that I have tested that quilt on several occasions, I decided it needed more testing and I had a LONG nap. Let's face it - a REAL napping quilt has plush on the back.


Well back to work today - but at home on quilts. The big debate of the day - go to spin class OR go outside??????  



Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment: