Thursday, March 21, 2013

Can't see the forest for the trees!!!!!!!!!!!


On Saturday, we had the reveal for the Bringing Home the Tree quilt at Cockadoodle.

Now this is a bit of an unusual pattern to break up into parts because we have already made the background and now we are going to make the bits and will then add the bits when all the bits are made. So for the next little while, we are going to see lots of bits!!!   And this month the bits just happen to be trees.


Suzi

Annadel

Mary - sample of what she is going to do with her trees

Linda (YES - Linda!)


Helen Anne

Beth (who made LOTS of trees)

Karen (and see her background)

Raili

The thread that Raili is going to use for thread painting

Marlene

Tony



Just to refresh your memory - here is the pattern.....................


Bringing Home the Tree by Seams Like Home


So yes - we will be making bits and bobs for the next couple of months. And because the applique is raw edge, we are going to be experimenting with some thread painting and other forms of embellishments. Going to be FUN!!!!


Back to the hot chocolate/tea debate. Thanks to everyone who offered advice yesterday. I started by getting a GREEN tea in the afternoon. A small with TWO sugar (I know - but I needed something to ease the shock!!!)  And according to M, the sugar is weighted to the size of the cup you take. I got a small in case I didn't like it. Despite the fact that is smells like PLANTS (to which M replied - it is PLANTS!!!), it actually wasn't all that bad, now it could have been the sugar that was talking! And I found a small was MORE THAN ENOUGH. Oh my - could we be experiencing a break through here???   I feel lighter already!!!!

Despite the fact that I was supposed to be quilting a quilt yesterday, I had a LOT of errands to do, so I spent a couple of hours doing that. Amazing how much time it takes to get those errands done. Of course, I did stop to browse in a couple of local stores just to check if there was anything new.

Oh yes  - in the morning, I got waylaid sorting out something. I took lots of pictures which I will share with you later. It was an interesting experience and NOTHING to do with quilting. Wait - oh yes - part of it was quilt related.

Now I am off to the gym for my FINAL test for a while I hope. This is THAT test where they find your maximum heart rate. After reading some info in a book that says that MANY people do not know how to "take" the test because most people do not know how to push themselves to the max. ICK - I hate working hard and I am not even sure that I have pushed myself to the maximum. Well - it turns out that we don't have to get to that zone. Thank god - they need a medical doctor in order to do that in case you keel over!!!!!   But it should be interesting just the same.


Anyway - I am off on another adventure and when I am home - I have NO CHOICE but to get that quilt done. At least it is loaded and pretty much ready to go!!!!


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment