Sunday, March 17, 2013

Art Show



I taught at Cockadoodle yesterday morning and got myself into trouble!!!!  How????   Well have a look at this.................


Amish with a Twist. Joann is running it as a Block of the Month. It is SO PRETTY that I just HAD to sign up. I know - I couldn't help myself!!!!!!!!!!!


Check it out Cockadoodle quilt blog and get the details (and better yet - SIGN UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)




I will post the pictures of the homework in another post. I don't have time to do it this morning.

After the class, I headed off to Joshua Creek Heritage Art Gallery to gallery sit. I can't do all Saturdays, but they have no one on Saturdays so when I can, I will.

There is a NEW show in the gallery - it changes about once a month. OH MY GOODNESS - there are some OUTSTANDING pieces in the gallery. And someone bought the one that I WOULD LOVE to have. I am going to give you a snippet of it - you MUST go and check it out. Besides this one - there are others others in fibre art, water colour, mixed media, photography (beautiful photographs). Well - it is worth your time to go and visit the show.




What piece does this belong to in the gallery?????



If anyone is interested, there is a volunteer session coming up on April 3. And you could do other things like gardening if that was more your style.

The opening of this show is TODAY from 2 PM - 5 PM.   You should go!!!!!!!!!!!!!    There will be goodies and lots of people and GREAT ART.


Last night was date night and we went to see Lincoln. Not my choice, but the last movie was my choice. Oh dear - I am not strong on politics and I found this movie long, not necessarily boring, but confusing - was that judge guy for or against Amendment 13 - I could never figure it out until the end. And it was kind of depressing and while I had never really thought about what kind of person Lincoln was - it was just SAD. The acting was superb but the movie (I guess the topic) was just SAD.

I was exhausted and then when I got to bed, I couldn't sleep. Thank god for couches and iPads. I put myself to sleep watching Rickie Tims and Alex Anderson and The Quilt Show. Much happier, but I didn't see the end. The shows were free in honour of National Quilting Day or maybe this was a free one. I don't know - I don't keep up with all that stuff.

OK - got to run. It is a tad too cold for my liking to be outside riding, so I am heading off to spin class. Got to do something to get my happy juices flowing again!!!!!!


Have a great day.



No comments:

Post a Comment