Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Stonehenge Reveal - March

It has been a couple of BUSY days and just no time for blogging.

Yesterday morning, I had an appointment with the nurse at the gym. I know - there isn't much this gym doesn't have!!!!!  Basically just a quick blood test to check cholesterol and glucose levels, BMI - fat content and all that good stuff. Then they ask about your eating habits, drinking and smoking and exercise. Then they give you a score. So I ask M what she thought my score was. And her answer - (it is out of 100) was 72. OH MY GOD. Silly girl. I got 92. Yes - 92!!!!!!!!!!!!   All my blood work levels are in good shape, just that DAMN fat content in my body.

Got to get rid of that darn 10 pounds if it kills me. And I had to confess to the nurse about my Tim Horton's addiction. Oh boy - that is so embarrassing. Then M (who is a pain in the neck) - imagine offering her mother advice!!!!!   About trying to kill the addiction. OK - so it was mind blowing and a bit sobering and was done in fun. And what did she do - she went to Tim's web site to get this information........


OH CRUD - Tim's site is down. Probably because it is the last day to play Spin to Win (the bonus day if you accumulated enough points)

I will post the information later. It was SHOCKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I now have a new goal. Just eliminating the hot chocolates from my diet and doing NOTHING else, I should be able to lose TWO pounds a week. Do that for five weeks and I am DONE!!!!!!!!   SIMPLE. (OK - so nothing is ever simple) but I have kicked this habit before and now I am going to have GREEN tea for my hot drink. M even says that I will learn to like it!!!!!!!!!!!


After  my visit with the nurse, I was off to the monthly class for Jamestown meets Stonehnege at Ruti's.

The ladies were very busy and these quilts are going to be beautiful when they are done.

The first block from the first class in the earth tones
Second block from the first class (I didn't crop it - can you tell which shoe is mine????)
The jewel tones - first block from first class
Second block - from first class

One person in this class is doing a completely different colour way


First block from second class - earth tones. Yes those blocks look lumpy, but there is a quilt folded behind them

Another earth tone block
Second block - earth tones from second class

And another of the second blocks


Jewel tones - first block from second class

Jewel tones - second block from second class

First and second block from the second class



Completely different colourway


And the second completely different colourway

And Pat was thinking of doing this block in these colours for an entire quilt. I volunteered to put the block in  EQ7 and see what happens.



So in less than three minutes - I created this...............




And from that - I created this...............




Of course - then you could take and rotate those blocks and do all kinds of things. I let Pat tell me if she wants anything changed.


I also got the backing and the binding completed for that Patchwork Sampler so it moves into the "TO BE QUILTED" pile.


Another BBB (binding, border and backing) project - DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!


Before I go - I thought you would enjoy this. And this is NOT normal behaviour for me. But yesterday I stopped at Tim's and instead of giving me a hot chocolate (OK - so I have vowed to give it up as soon as I get a NON - roll up the rim cup!!!!), they gave me a coffee. So I picked M up from school and we went to Tim's so I could exchange the coffee. As soon as I walked in, the lady knew why I was there. It is sad when they recognize you and your order, but then they know most of their regular customers.

As we waiting in line, so M could get a GREEN tea (those young teens - too darn healthy for my liking!!!!) Anyway - I spied something in the pastry cabinet. Now if I do have something - it is always a cookie, but this caught my eye and I bought it - more for a lark than anything. Then we got home and compared snacks........

Can you tell who ate what?????






OK - so if you are wondering why you are NOT losing weight - there it is - an Easter egg decorated donut or a salad and a FEW almonds and yogurt covered raisins. Oh god - don't you HATE when your kid is better than you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Well all that "badness" is about to change. It will soon be time to do away with the refined sugars and all the extra calories. And if I am hungry - well it is going to be salad and other veggies which isn't a big deal. I like them.


Crud - the Tim's page is still down, but the SHOCKER is - can you guess how many calories are in the large hot chocolate????   I will leave you with that thought today. And it is a LOT - almost double what I thought. Oh dear - no wonder !!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




OH - the web site just came up - here is the info. You had better sit down - I almost had a heart attack!!!!!


That is SHOCKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is for ONE large hot chocolate. 20 OZ. OH MY GOD - I feel like I should be barfing my brains out!!!!   Well - this little tidbit of information is going to be taped to the dashboard of my car. Oh yes - the calorie count for green tea - ZERO!!!!!!

And you want to know the shocker??????   I STOPPED drinking COKE (Many years ago) because of the high sugar content. Well have a look at this!!!!!!!!!!!!   There is MORE sugar in the large HOT CHOCOLATE than there is in a 591 ML bottle of COKE. Oh my god - where is the washroom - I am going to be sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Sugar content of beverages

2 comments:

  1. You should try drinking hot water with fresh lemon juice. When I gave up coffee and tea, that is what I replaced my hot drink with. It becomes more about drinking something warm, and not so much about what it is. Make it at home before you go, and think of the money you will save!
    They do say that the lemon is good for cleansing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! you make me tired just reading about all this stuff! I am so struggling to loose more than a few pounds, but I must say now the only reason I go to Tim's is to buy a can of coffee... I have been learning so much about restaurant foods I haven't eaten in one in a couple of months now... I am learning, I hope.

    ReplyDelete