Sunday, March 10, 2013

It's CYCLING season!!!!!!!!!!!!!



OK - so I had a look at my data from my Garmin and guess when I started the season last year?????   SUNDAY, MARCH 11. How bizarre is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



I mean the day was TOO PERFECT to be inside, although I did get a small quilt done in the morning which I will post later.

But I felt STRONG and even though there was a wind - it was a GREAT RIDE. One of those days when you are just happy to be ALIVE.

Here is some interesting information - here are the basic stats from today's trip


Distance:60.47 km
Time:2:49:15
Avg Speed:21.4 km/h
Elevation Gain:355 m
Calories:1,954 C


Time:2:49:15
Moving Time:2:39:03
Elapsed Time:2:49:15
Avg Speed:21.4 km/h
Avg Moving Speed:22.8 km/h
Max Speed:50.2 km/h
Speed
Pace
Elevation
Elevation Gain:355 m
Elevation Loss:356 m
Min Elevation:152 m
Max Elevation:227 m
Cadence
Avg Bike Cadence:66 rpm
Max Bike Cadence:93 rpm





And here are the numbers from last year..............   (the same route - more or less)


Distance:61.15 km
Time:3:21:25
Avg Speed:18.2 km/h
Elevation Gain:471 m
Calories:1,887 C
Details
Timing
Time:3:21:25
Moving Time:3:11:25
Elapsed Time:596:31:24
Avg Speed:18.2 km/h
Avg Moving Speed:19.2 km/h
Max Speed:110.6 km/h
Speed
Pace
Elevation
Elevation Gain:471 m
Elevation Loss:464 m
Min Elevation:149 m
Max Elevation:234 m




The numbers on the bottom one are a tad skewed because - well just because, but bottom line - the average times (the max speed is particularly messed up) are UP and UP by a few kilometers. So that is EXCELLENT.



And what was even nicer - one of the crappy bridges (with wooden surface) is GONE and replaced by a nice concrete one. The roads were awesome and only a tad wet.

Let's hope the weather holds now so I can get out on a regular basis.

The only thing I don't like about this weather - my basement and MY STUDIO are like a refrigerator.  You don't want to pack on too many clothes - then it is bulky to work, but I have found the perfect solution. My DOWN SWEATER that I got for Christmas. It is LIGHT, compact (brilliant orange) and VERY TOASTY.  (worth every penny). OK - so I might look like an ORANGE stay puff marshmallow person, but I am warm. Yup - I've got it zipped to the top - so much for menopause and hot flashes!!!!   And my face is red from a wind burn - OH - I am a pretty sight, but we won't be posting any pictures of that cuteness!!!!!

I am all set to get some work done tonight. .



Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment