Sunday, March 3, 2013

An EPIC journey


Have you thought about the puzzle????   Have you thought about the title of this blog???

CRAZY QUILTER ON A BIKE??????

Well - it is time again to bring in the bike component to the blog......................

I have totally flipped my lid and signed up for a trip of a lifetime.


I will start my journey at this statue which is located at Mile Zero in Victoria BC. This was the spot where Terry Fox was supposed to finish his Marathon of Hope. I have been there in person several times - well at least once.


This statue of Terry Fox is located at Mile Zero in Victoria BC


I will then proceed to ride a FEW kilometers until we get to this location


Signal Hill, St. John's, Newfoundland

How exciting is that!!!!!!!!!!!!   I am so psyched up for this trip. It took a LOT of soul searching before I committed, but it has been in the back of my mind since I took up cycling.


Here is the link to the company (and the route) that I will be riding with. It is the same company I did the previous trips with.

Tour du Canada


So if you are along that route - you will have to come out and see me. And bring FOOD - I might need it!!!!

There is LOTS of training to do - we are supposed to have about 2,000 KM on the bike BEFORE we leave. I started by hitting the spin class this morning for my first 35 KM in one hour which is FAST for me. Every journey needs to start somewhere. And apparently indoor training is way more efficient than out door so I plan to get my moneys worth from the gym over the next couple of months.

And I shall be putting my organizing skills to great use while I pack enough supplies (personal stuff). We get the equivalent of TWO laundry baskets to store our stuff (not counting tent and sleeping bag). Can you imagine as I can very quickly FILL any number of laundry baskets with my crap!!!!   No quilting stuff is coming on this trip (I might sneak in a bit of embroidery - who knows?). I am already making lists (based on my previous trips) as to what to take and what to leave behind.

My goal is to get rid of 10 pounds of what I carry on my bike every day (I know - a pack rat wherever I go) and to lose 10 pounds from me!!!!   My local bike shop is already on board to help me with the bike and the people at the gym are on board as well. Sorry - you all are the last to know!!!!!!!!!!!!   And I am sure my mom was "thrilled" when I told her the other day. Hmmmmm - what would I say if M told me she was going to do this?????  


There you have it - my big secret is out. It is going to severely affect my plans for the next couple of months as I prepare for this.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment