Monday, June 18, 2018

Bad to the bone


I'm worse than the girls when they get a new bone. Give me a thrilling novel and I can't put it down.

After I finally finished the blog yesterday, I decided to forge ahead and check my "missing" book list against the library. Hmm - 26 books to find. Thanks to those that responded with the names of great bookstores that are fairly local to me. I'm going to put the missing books on a sheet of paper so I don't take my precious list out into the big world. Then I can plan some day trips around that list and the bookstores. I'm not in the habit of buying novels, but it looks like I'll have to do that in some instances. I'm OK with that.

I can also try finding some of them online through Kindle, Kobo and someone mentioned The Hub??? But where's the fun in buying them online when you can get out and explore the countryside and search through a dusty old bookstore to find a book??  I'll opt for the real thing any day. I'm going to start with the Orillia bookstore since I'll be there in a couple of weeks.

Let's just say that by the time I hit the studio it was later in the day than I had planned. What to do??  After having lunch with Ronda, I realized that this coming weekend is our ongoing class for the year - Vintage Farm Girl and the table runners. Yikes - I have homework to prep for both classes. And so that's what I ended up doing. Not anything that was on that "urgent" list, but it still has to be done by the weekend. I'm NOT going to get behind in this class - that's just NOT an option.

I got three blocks sewn together. I must say that I sewed two and was having such a bad time, I had to leave it for a bit. I dropped EVERYTHING on the floor and was getting frustrated. So a wee break to read would be in order. You know where this is going.  Even though I did go back and sew some more and got all the cutting done for the remainder of the blocks for this session, I sat outside and enjoyed the heat and my new lounger and read. I think it was 9 PM when I finally finished the book. It's from the Monk series by Anne Perry. Written in England in the last 1800's (I think) and just shocking how the women had ZERO say in anything. The story lines are warped but then so is the author who was arrested and convicted for murdering (or helping to murder) her friend's mother (for REAL!).  It's a great series if you're into that. Let me know as I'm donating these books to a bookstore real soon.

I made my favorite salad last night and as I was making it, I realized that I had forgotten to buy lime so off to the grocery store to get that. You need half an avocado, chicken breast, celery, green apple, juice from a lime and a wee bit of sea salt (tastes way better than regular salt) and it's so delicious and fast if your chicken is already cooked which it was as DH cooked it on the BBQ the night before when he grilled the steak for Saturday dinner. No dressing needed.

I can't even take a picture this morning of the three blocks that I did end up sewing as they are for the homework and the class gets first dibs on seeing them.

Now I'm way behind and I'm going to pay the price for that. I'm off to Monday sewing today where I get to start that "new" project for the blocks. I didn't get much cleaned up in the way of the studio, but I did sort that second bag of batting. After chatting with Ronda, I think I've found a home for it as well as a demo for my class this weekend. Yeah - I love when things come together like that.

And that's it for today. You can always check out QUILTsocial to see what's going on over there (embroidered quilt blocks). I'm NOT starting another novel until this work gets done. I can't afford the time of having my nose in a book. I'll listen to an audiobook which I can do while I'm working. But NO reading a novel which is good as I have a couple of non-fiction from the library that I really should be reading.

Oh here's a story about the Humboldt Strong quilts.  And Lexi would like to remind you that she came from the same place as this quilt. She's much happier to be here.

Then you have to read this story about the quilts. This is what I (and many others) envisioned would happen. It's totally crazy but at the same time, makes you realize that when you need/want to help out, a FINISHED quilt is much better than blocks or tops. Have a read.

On that note, I'm out of here.

Have a great day!!!!!


Ciao!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment