Sunday, June 10, 2018

Where everybody knows your name.........

We took the day off yesterday. Actually I spent the morning with Mom as we reviewed her lists and what we had seen at the farm to get a better idea of how to move forward. The parents are not in attendance at these cleaning sessions. My Mom can’t make it there. We actually had a very pleasant conversation, learned some things. What’s been absolutely amazing is her willingness to get rid of stuff. Something that we wanted for years and this turn of events is making the week very pleasant. Not to mention catching up with my two brothers. Since we all left home, it’s been a few rare occasions that we’ve been together.

This is life in a small town - we went to WalMart to check out some bookshelves and it seemed on every aisle we ran into someone that we knew. Now if it were just me, I wouldn’t recognize these people and they wouldn’t recognize me. But everyone knows my brother and sister in law. So I had chats with old neighbours, friends I went to school with and it was fun.

Visited with my uncle at the hospital and he is being moved into palliative care. Timing of our visit home was good although I’m not sure he even knew who we were yesterday. Rather sad, but he’s in his 80s - hard to believe that. And touched based with a couple of cousins whom I haven’t seen in a while.

There was a terrific wind/rain/lighting storm last night. It lasted about three hours and did keep me awake for part of the night. I wonder if we’re in Kansas this morning?

I don’t have much to say this morning. Am I exhausted? Perhaps - while it’s great to be here, there’s a lot of stuff going on and I guess I could say that it’s mentally exhausting and it’s not over yet. Oh yes - we did visit the cemetery where my grandparents are buried. Hadn’t been back since they were interred as I didn’t know where the grave sites were located.

I managed a wee bit of embroidery yesterday and hopefully I’ll get that block done before I head home. I’m picking up a few little things here and there to bring home. I really feel like I shouldn’t but I’ve been very selective. I certainly don’t want to add to the problem I already have.

So my question to you this morning is - it’s Sunday. What are you doing today?  Have you picked that spot to clean out? Maybe a closet, maybe a drawer, maybe a corner of a room. We need to get ourselves together, get responsible about our stuff. Get rid of what you don’t want/need. I’m going to go into more detail another day, but it’s amazing how much stuff we accumulate and why.

I guess I had better get myself out of bed. And get the day started. Amazing how we get into a routine in our own house. But I’ve been very good with the eating. Not quite as healthy as at home, but not bad. I’m OK with that.

Have a super day!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment