Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Making progress


I reviewed that list of things to do yesterday to see if I could cross a couple of things off. Not really. I'm jumping from one to another to try and make everyone happy which is NOT a good thing. But I'm good and I should be crossing a number of things off in the next couple of days.

I spent part of the day writing and editing a pattern. All is good. I just have a couple more measurements to figure out this morning and proof it once again and then it goes off for them to proofing and feedback. It's very interesting as there are little things that I would do differently if the pattern were mine, but that's OK. There are many ways to do the same thing.

A couple more things to finish off for the magazines and that will be out of the way. A LOT of e-mails to write, but those will have to wait a bit.

As a result of being attached to the computer all day, I didn't get anything sewn or quilted. I'm behind and there's no way I'm going to get all done that I was hoping to this week. I really need to get back on the schedule of paperwork in the morning and sewing in the afternoon. Can't do that this week and can't do it next week, so when I'm back from the retreat, it has to be a focus to getting back into that routine. It works really well for me as long as I keep up. No procrastinating on ANYTHING because I get into trouble when I do.

My big excitement yesterday? Well, two things and if you want to hear about it from Lexi's point of view, you can check out her blog. But this happened late in the afternoon. Yes - the crate ARRIVED.

Unloading the crate from the truck
 Now that the garage had a bit of free room, they put the crate in the garage. Good thing - it was pouring rain this morning. Sorry - you're going to have to wait a day or two for me to unpack the crate as I don't have time today. There are four things in the crate. Maybe if I can find the appropriate screwdriver, I'll pop the top and share one of them with you tomorrow.


The create is in the driveway


I finally had a good night sleep and a long one. Even though it was on the couch. Too tired to move upstairs so I'm back on track and that feels good. I've been to the gym and cranked out my 30K. That Joseph is a killer. Today we were pretending that we're cycling the Alpe d'Huez. It was a long grind, but well worth it. I'm not sure I could do the real thing - OK - I could, it would just take me a long time. There are 21 hairpin curves on that slope.

21 hairpin curves

For curiosity sake I checked - it's a 1,000 M climb (not feet - that's METERS). The average grade is 8% over 13 KM. So that's not a bad climb, but steady for 13 K - that's not fun. The worse climb I've ever done was 25 KM, but the grade wasn't 8% all the way, but it probably averaged not far off the 8%.  Anyway - I'm not riding the Alpe d'Huez but it would be fun to say that I've done it.

Since I don't have any work to share with you today, I thought I would share a couple of things I found on the internet.

One of them is from QUILTsocial and it's all about UFOs and how we get them. It's a very interesting read. Something to contemplate the next time you want to start a new project. I would read the other posts this week as well. Very interesting.

The second link is a project called Toronto Love. It's to celebrate the lives of those that were killed in the van attack a couple of months ago. There's an installation that I think is worth checking out. It's on until September 8 so if you're in the North York area, try and find a few minutes to stop in.

This link is from the project coordinator - it's too late to make a banner, but you get an idea of what went into the project.

I'm not sure if I posted this one or not, but it's about the quilts for #Humboldtstrong.

And one last one on buttons!!!!


The links are all short so it won't take you long to go through them.

Tomorrow, I'll share the next round of classes that are coming up. There's a lot of exciting things but it means a bit of work for me as some of them are new and I've got samples to make.

On that note, I'd better get at those patterns and quilt designs.

Have a super day!!!!

Ciao!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment