Saturday, June 23, 2018

A NIGHTMARE!!!!


I'm a wee bit pressed for time today. For whatever reason, I didn't sleep well last night. I think it's because I have a lot on my mind. Not bad stuff, just a list of things to do and not all the things are written on a list. I know - it's like clutter - it creeps up on me and then BAM - I have a sleepless night.

I've haven't got my homework sewn for today's class, but at least it's cut so I know where we're going with the homework. When I couldn't sleep, I even got up to sew one of the blocks together.

Then I went back to sleep only to wake up a few hours later after having a NIGHTMARE. I never remember my dreams and I haven't had a nightmare in a long time. Since it's sewing related, I'll share it with you.

In my dream, it was today. I was early for class and someone was telling us about a new applique technique. For some reason, a couple of us decided to go to this person's house so we could see this new technique. I went in my own car and I ended up in Port Credit, NOT Georgetown. For those of you not in the area, Port Credit is 1 ½ hours away from Georgetown. Why??? No idea. Once I realized, I sent them a text. I ended up chatting with a lot of people about quilts, but they weren't quilters. Then it was time to pack up my stuff because I had taken it all out of the bags to show these non-quilters. The nightmare was that I couldn't find my car. I couldn't remember where I parked it. Not on that side of the building so I checked the other. Found the car, but proceeded to put my stuff in a blue pickup like the one my dad used to have.  Then I found my car about 4 cars over. I woke up then.  It was disturbing, not so much for having so much on the brain, but for the memory loss. That's scary!!!  I hope it's not a preview of what's to come!!!

I have loads to tell you, but no time this morning because as I was cooking breakfast, DH asks if I can take him to the airport. Sure - and it's raining this morning so no dog park and a couple of girls are NOT happy at all.

I still have to throw the last of my stuff in a bag for today's three classes and it'll all be good.

I'm making headway on getting stuff out of the house. Yesterday it was that bag of batting, today it was the extra sewing machine (and DH - just kidding, but he's gone for a couple of days). Tomorrow?  Who knows.  But I'm collecting information on the decluttering thing and together we're going to tackle this problem.

I have a story from one or my readers about clearing clutter. She moved to a new house and decluttered completely before she moved. I never thought to ask how much clutter she removed from her sewing room. I must ask next time I see her. She used to have a job as such that she may have to travel at the last minute and kept a stash of cash of various currencies in her house. It was several months into the new house when she realized that her secret stash went in the giveaway boxes to charity. Someone must have been very happy when they found that!!  It's in the past - it's now a precious memory. So be careful with those stashes - if you're decluttering, don't forget to open things, check pockets, etc. You may find a treasure. I found $12. 63 when I was checking out a purse at the farm. We enjoyed a couple of runs to Tim's on my Mom!!!!

I had several errands to do yesterday and with the Friday traffic in the city, it was a disaster getting to any of them. Needless to say, the entire day was shot. No worries - it just puts me way behind. I've got my notebook with me so today when I have a few minutes between classes, I'm going to get that list together.

I had to visit a quilt shop to pick up something that had arrived for me.  Row by Row has started!!!!  I picked up the pattern for the shop's row and I picked up the license plate from last year. It appears that in Ontario, no one has gotten new plates this year. I guess they have run their course and how many license plates does one need anyway?

Row by row pattern and plate from 2017


I do believe that all the picture rows are up on the Facebook page or on the Row by Row page so check it out. I've got a trip planned around Row by Row and I can't wait. My cohorts are messaging back and forth this morning like mad as they plan. How many days?????  Better save up my pennies or should I say nickels.

Now I dare not be late this morning - oh - the applique technique - it was the interfacing technique which is NOT my favorite. What a nightmare - literally!!!!

Have a super day!!!!

Ciao!!!!




2 comments:

  1. The other day I dreamed that I went to my guild's retreat but forgot to pack my supplies and equipment - no projects, no machine, etc. Guess it was the week for quilting nightmares.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to your recent posts about decluttering. Today I got 3 blue bags full out of my closet and drawers, and have a stack of jeans to try on. Also tackled my coat closet and got rid of some shoes and boats!

    ReplyDelete