Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Catching up!

 

Another great day! Even when I went for my walk in the rain. It wasn't raining much, and I needed to get out. I wore my raincoat, and I was fine. 

I'm almost finished with the latest writing assignment. That will go out this morning after our walk, and then it's time to start all over again! But the end is in sight! And that warms my heart! I haven't been sewing as much as I'd like to and the next two weeks will be very busy with presentations, so I'll do what I can. 

The first thing I did was finish off the backing and the binding for the Winner's Bouquet quilt. And I just crossed it off the UFO list for 2020. Yeah!!! One down and a few more to go! I just counted - 22 projects still to go to get up to date with the UFO lists. BUT that's OK. I'm currently working on three of them, and two of those three need to be done by Sunday morning! I still have time to get a couple more off that list before the end of the year. Could I get down to 15 by the end of the year? 

Winner's Bouquet moved to the "to be quilted" pile



The last blocks for Summer Moon will be assigned this weekend, and I still wasn't finished the blocks from the last month. Time to get those done!! Most of the blocks were done, but a few of them needed the sashing sewn on. The sashings were made, so it wasn't a bit deal. I managed to get EIGHT blocks finished yesterday. 


Summer Moon Blocks


Summer Moon Blocks

More Summer Moon Blocks

And even more Summer Moon Blocks


There is ONE last block to finish for last month's assignment, and I've started to cut for the remaining nine blocks. I hope to get to work on that later today. Everything is coming to an end for those ongoing projects, and the timing couldn't be better as we ramp up for Long Time Gone! 

This year, two of the five projects were medallion style quilts and one I sewed as we worked through the project. The Celebration quilt is together, and that leaves THREE sets of blocks for the other quilts. My goal is to forge ahead and get all three of those together as quickly as I can. I do NOT want them hanging on past this year-end. I'm on target to make that happen. I've been extremely focused and learning to be a bit more timely on stuff. This year of working from home has definitely been a learning experience and a POSITIVE one, so that's all good. 

I need to get this quilt finished before Sunday morning. Yikes!! The border sections are pieced but not cut, so I need to get to work on that, and I need to deal with that center, which is made up of 36 wedges. I might rethink that!  But it looks awesome hanging out on the portable design wall. 





PRISM Squared on the design wall


My internet connection went down twice yesterday. Oh, joy! So I was on the phone for 40 minutes with another technical person. He ran many tests and says he found an electrical problem at the box outside. I'm giving them one last try to fix this. If that doesn't work, we're dropping the second line and going back to one line. I don't know that my stress level can handle this much longer. But I have a plan, and that makes me feel better. 

And if the single line doesn't work for whatever reason, well, it's time to check out another supplier—all in a day's work. And I have a wonderful backseat driver on all this. If that person wants to get it solved, get yourself on the phone, but DO NOT sit there and tell me how to deal with it. Seriously??? I don't know how many hours I've spent trying to get this situation fixed, and it's very annoying. But we have a new plan, and that gives me hope! Funny how you can tell in a few seconds whether the person on the phone will be able to offer help or not. This person sounded more confident and knowledgeable. But I'm almost as knowledgeable as he is. "Have you tried ....." he asks, and I don't even let him finish (I know -very rude of me), and I answer, "YES - we have" because I know exactly what he's going to ask!


These are some trees in our neighborhood. They are stunning. Every year these trees hang onto their leaves in all their brilliant color. 


Beautiful trees in the neighborhood



Don't forget about the Trend-tex challenge auction. I see a few bids on several of the pieces. No one has bid on mine yet! But I want it back, so no one should be bidding on it but me! Here's the link if you want to check the pieces out. If you want to bid, you must register, and the auction closes on October 25th - I'm not sure what time. 


I had planned to sit in on some Adobe classes today, but I'm not sure that I really have time for that. I'm getting my hair cut today! First time in - well, it might be the first time all year! And someone is dropping off something, plus I need to get myself organized for next week as I have 13 presentations, and I need to make a few calls and do a bit of prep for a couple of them. 

Plus, I need to get the rest of the class requirements out for my classes, so I suspect I'll be chained to the computer for most of the day. But then most everything will be done, and I'll have a bit more time to play around! OK - I can sacrifice a day for that. 


I'm looking for a book. I'm sure if you have the book that you don't want to part with it. But here's the cover. It's the Barn Quilt Trail for Huron County. It was published for the 2017 International Plowing Match. Should you have a copy that you don't want or you know someone who has one and doesn't want it, let me know. I'd be happy to buy it. YES - I know the updated trail information is online but I NEED this book. I've contacted them and there are NO copies left. They should reprint it! 


Huron County Barn Quilt Trail book



On that note, I'm out of here!!!!


Have a super day!!!


Ciao!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment