Friday, October 2, 2020

Somewhere over the rainbow

 

I learned another very valuable lesson yesterday. With all the writing that I do and how I have a love/hate relationship with technology, you'd think that I would have learned this a long time ago. I had to write a document yesterday and I had some issues with it that well, you don't want to know about. Then when I went to save, Word froze. Yep - the second time this week. 

I didn't panic and I didn't even have time to say some bad words. I just restarted. So the next time I start a new document, I'd better give it a name and save it. I think some settings have changed and I'm not getting the autosave to work. Oh! I must investigate that today, along with changing the batteries for the front door. We're now in a critical situation. I Googled how to do it and it shouldn't take more than 2 minutes. 

Let's just say that I got several writing assignments out of the way yesterday and it's all good. I still have a few that need to be done, but I'm plugging away at them and they will be done soon. Thankfully, the big ones are out of the way. 

The printer is online and working and two more Alexa dots are online! I think there's just one more unit to reconnect to the new modem and we're good. I think everything else has been converted. And the best news of all? Since the new modem has been installed and the speed adjusted, we've had no more issues. Thank god. And let's hope that's the last of that saga!


I happened to be in the right place at the right time yesterday. Like most people, I take my phone with me most of the time. I don't have it in my hands like some people, but it's handy if I need to take a picture. And look at what I saw when Lexi and I headed out yesterday morning. A STUNNING rainbow. 




A double rainbow


If you look closely, you can see a second rainbow above the first one. I don't think I've ever seen that amazing of a rainbow before. This one was complete and the colors were so vibrant - you could see the darker colors which you don't always get to see. It didn't last long, but I enjoyed it while it was in view. 

It was a glorious way to start the day! Lexi wasn't quite as impressed. 


Then I saw this panel on eQuilter.com this morning. How cute is that? and it reminds me of my rainbow. If you're a Disney fan, you might want to pop to that link and check it out. eQuilter.com has been my online goto store for years. They were one of the first online stores and started over 20 years ago. If you're looking for novelty fabrics or regular fabrics, they have a HUGE selection. And a percentage goes to a charity of your choice. 

There are actually four different Disney panels and you can substitute them into the picture. Just click on one of the four options and then click on the big picture. I don't think those panels will last long. 


I did manage a walk yesterday. I had to zip down to the bank so that errand got done and I tell you with all this computer work, I'm not getting as many KM in as I usually would. It appears that I do a LOT of walking in the house each day! However, that's OK. Guess what?? I'm so close to California on my Route 66 Virtual Walk - I'll be crossing the Colorado River TODAY. 


Just about to enter the LAST state for the Route 66 walk


Then I'll be in the LAST state to complete my Route 66 walk. I can practically smell the ocean! OK - so there's still a little over 300 miles to go!


Let's just say that it's a good thing that I don't have health issues. I'm NOT one for taking pills. Oh - I'm good at getting them out of the containers and leaving them on the kitchen counter. Then I find them at the end of the day. Or I find them on my desk by the computer. OR I find them downstairs by the computer. Now how did they manage to get there without me taking one of them???



How did those pills get downstairs?



They are supplements so it's not a  huge deal if I miss taking them, but since I have them I should. I would be so much better with taking liquid Calcium than the giant pills. I'll finish up the container and then I won't ever buy them again. I found a new source for the liquid stuff. 


Today is a mini Sit n Sew day and you have no idea how much I'm looking forward to it. It's been a very intense week and I need a day of relaxation. I have two classes and one lecture tomorrow and one lecture on Sunday so I do have to prep for those which I'll do later this afternoon. It doesn't end! But I'm having a lot of fun with the classes and lectures. 


As I went to bed last night, I was thinking about how easy it is to engage with people via Zoom. Most of the people in my lectures, I've never met before. But I get on the Zoom call a half-hour before the lecture starts and we chat. I chat with the shop owners or the students and it's been a great way to get to know them. Not everything has to be face to face!!!


I've got a couple more links for your today.  


Here's the last QUILTsocial post for the week. Check out my new inspirational quote. I LOVE it. 


And for the Spectrum QAL, here's my version of Block One. I'm loving the classic blue and white combination. You know me - I'm the technical geek. I have a lot of tips in my blog post to make the block a piece of cake to sew and press. 

Oh, I see that seven books snuck through the time gap between when that my suspend on books was up and before I realized and put things back on suspend! The hold list is getting shorter so that's a good thing. I'm doing not bad as I only have 12 books checked out and I'm working my way through the list. I don't care how busy I am, I try to take at least a half-hour before bed to decompress from the day. 

Since I've taken on the jobs that I now have, I don't think I've ever worked so long and so hard every day! It's crazy! But that's OK - it's all good and I'm learning so much. 


Well, that's it for today. I'm going to have more sewing related stuff tomorrow since I hope to get some blocks done and who knows what else. 


Have a great day!!!


Ciao!!



No comments:

Post a Comment