Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Is moving an option?

 

It seems that I'm spending more and more time on the computer! Why is that? I used to get up and head to the studio to sew and the last couple of weeks, I've gotten up and headed to the computer! I hope by the end of the week to be done with that routine. I miss that morning quiet sewing time and I always accomplished a TON of stuff. 

I had a lot of class stuff to take care of this morning. I think I've got everything covered. If you signed up for Long Time Gone and DID NOT receive an e-mail from me this morning, then I've missed you. We had a wee mix-up with e-mail addresses. Make sure to put LONG TIME GONE in the subject so I won't miss it. 

I'm afraid to say this out loud and I'm knocking on wood as I write it, but I did SEVEN hours of Zoom yesterday with barely any lag time and not once did the connection drop. I was VERY concerned since the internet had dropped at 8:30 in the morning. Not a good sign, but not once did I have an issue. That made for some very stress-free Zoom sessions! It's already enough to get things ready to go without having to worry about technology!

OK --- I have to get this off my chest. I'm just listening to the radio. We've been under this pandemic for 6 months. We had issues with support workers who worked in multiple retirement homes and spreading the VIRUS. I just heard that TEACHERS - a music teacher was traveling to multiple schools. Just shoot me in the eye!! Did we learn nothing from the past? I can't even begin to comprehend the comments from a certain someone south of the border. 

I'm trying very hard to not let this bother me, but I've had it!! I'm tired of following the isolation rules when stupid things like this happen. Can we not learn from the past and move forward? Can we all behave - how hard is it?? The rule-makers can't even get it straight. 


Sorry for that, but some of the stories I hear just don't make sense. Why?? It sure makes me want to move somewhere where I can live off the grid and just do my own thing and well - I might have to relearn how to grow vegetables! I'm OK with that! Any takers??? God - I might move back to Saskatchewan. I know a place out in the country where no one is living! At this point, it sounds like a good deal and there's a quilter who lives just across the road!!! Let me look at buying a double-wide trailer and Saskatchewan - here I come! What a hoot!!! I could Zoom from there. 


We had a great time on Zoom with the Monday sewing group. I hear over and over about how people are feeling isolated and yet, I have so many things on my calendar that I don't have time to do everything I want. And the problem is that so much is available on Zoom - things that I couldn't or wouldn't have attended in the past. Now I can and in some instances for free. Help!!!! Where's that 48 hour day?


Here's one more finished tote bag from the weekend class. Way to go Rose!! I love those colors!! 


Rose's tote bag


I did get a lot of homework sewing done yesterday, but not finished so I can't share with you quite yet. But I'm getting to the end of all those ongoing projects and I can't wait to get all the tops done! Which is good because Long Time Gone starts next week!!  If you're not signed up - you don't have much time. Don't like the color of the quilt? That's the topic of the first class - there's going to be loads of tips to make this your own quilt!!!  Sign up at Thimbles and Things. Look for it under Classes/Virtual Classes. 


Long Time Gone



Since I don't have a lot of show and tell for you, here's one of the Canadian Quilter's Association virtual quilt shows. 


Let's chat about the Trendtex Challenge. Here's a link to the winners of the challenge. I just can't believe how creative the entries are and everyone used the SAME fabrics. Just in a totally different way. Great job to all the winners!!!


ALL of the Trendtex Challenge quilts will be auctioned off, except for the top prize which goes to Trendtex. Check out the rest of the show.  Mine is in the second row, second from the left. And it's great because if you click on each quilt, you get the information about the quilt and you can see them up close!!

OH OH OH   -- you're supposed to vote for your favorite. Voting is taking place NOW. So be sure to pop over to the voting page and VOTE!!!  The link to the voting page is at the top of the page linked above. You can vote for mine if you like. Shoot -- they don't have numbers so scroll down the page - you'll see my name and the title in the right-hand column of the list. 

The auction is happening from October 19 - 25. OH -- which one should I buy??? I want one of them and I must look a bit closer to see. Here's the link to the bidding site.  Be sure to check it out and see which one you want!!! 


And if you want to try the Trendtex challenge for next year, the new fabrics have been selected and you can spot them here. I can't wait to get my bundle. I hope to NOT leave it until the last minute like I normally do. 


On that note, I'm out of here!!

Have a super day!!


Ciao!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment