Monday, October 5, 2020

Class updates

 

It's a GREAT day today!! We had a very successful second half of the binding class for the Etobicoke Quilt Guild. You can tell that the members of that guild are on top of things. The participants were very well versed in Zoom etiquette, and well - they were the best!!  Thanks for having me host a workshop for you! And thanks for the great feedback! I needed that!!!


Then I had a Zoom with M. And guess what? In both classes, my internet crashed. Just when I thought things were stable. They are NOT. It's driving me crazy! I know I shouldn't worry about it, but it's stressful when it happens during a class. I HATE it. However, I got to see Little Bear. His Mom gave him a hair cut! NO!!!!  I love him when he's fuzzy and a total mess! Thanks for the great chat M!!! 


I called my service provider yet again. Thank goodness, I have a direct line to Escalation Desk. Well, it's not direct, but I never seem to have to wait. I won't bore you with all the details, but they can see the drops on the line, but they couldn't see all of the drops. So why is that? DH is obsessing about it as well. He should talk - it's because of him that we're having trouble! Speed - we need speed. And now I know it's because he was chatting to his buddy, who has amazing download speed. Oh well!!!  That's the LAST time I listen to him. 


Then I spent part of yesterday afternoon, just chilling! I went for a walk in the rain. I had an umbrella, and I was just fine! Why don't people want to walk in the rain? I didn't get wet, and I got my exercise in!


I feel ready to tackle the week and keeping my fingers crossed about the internet, although I know the problem isn't resolved. I'll be calling again today after our Monday sewing group. I wonder how many times it'll crash during that call. The only saving grace is that the link stays up even if I lose the connection. 


I posted in a separate post this morning a list of all the Fall classes and the FIVE ongoing classes for next year. Here's the link. Now I realize that I should have set it up as a tab on the top of the post. Oops - I'll get to that this morning.  OK - here's an update. There is a NEW tab on the blog. It's called classes, and I'm breaking up the list of classes. The list of one-time classes is under that tab, as well as the EQ8 classes. There are links to get you to the right spot. I'm not sure I did it right, but it works. I'll create a new page for the ongoing stuff and hopefully get it there soon as well. When you want to see what's happening for classes - you can check that CLASSES tab and see what I'm teaching. 

I know that many of you have sent me an e-mail to sign up and I'll be getting back to you hopefully this week to confirm and send you the supply lists if necessary. 


BUT - the start class for Long Time Gone is fast approaching. It starts on October 17th - which is next Saturday. If you've purchased your class pass from Thimbles and Things - that's STEP ONE of registration. STEP TWO is to send me an e-mail so I can put you on the class list. If you don't contact me, you ARE NOT on the class list. If you've bought your class pass from Thimbles and Things, then send me an e-mail, and you'll get the requirements. Here's the information about that class in case you don't know where to find it. 







The book for Long Time Gone


You can purchase the book from Thimbles and Things. Call and get your book - I hear they had to order more. 


This weekend, I'll be prepping the class materials for that one. I can't wait to get started. The first class will have loads of tips for choosing fabrics and how they can affect the final outlook of the quilt. Personally, I love the quilt but hate the fabric choices on the cover of the book. It's super busy, and the patterns get lost. So we're going to chat about that. 

Here's one more tote bag from the class this past weekend. That looks awesome, Loretta!!! I think she said she purchased that fabric to make a dress many, many years ago. And now it's used up!! 

Loretta's tote bag


I hadn't been to Indigo in a while and thought I would take a spin to see if there were any new quilt magazines. I know - I do NOT need a new quilt magazine. But look at this!! This was the travel section. Have the books been moved, or are they gone since people aren't traveling? Because of people buying online from a certain behemoth (or cheapies like me who just borrow the books), the amount of books that you can purchase in a store has greatly decreased. 




And you can still buy calendars - this one was appropriately titled - Wicked Weather! 



On that note, I'm out of here!! I'm kind of excited s I get to sew with my group! Virtually, of course! I missed last week because of technical issues. 


And then I'll be prepping for two presentations this evening, and let's not forget that I have a pattern that MUST get written very soon. I'm now to the checking measurement stage. Yeah!


Have a super day!!!


Ciao!!!



2 comments:

  1. Did they mess with your transceiver (on your roof) when they upgraded your service? We had a problem like yours and it turned out that when they changed things, they also went on the roof & put a new transceiver on, which turned out to be faulty...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far so good!!! And no our connection comes in over our phone lines. We don't have a receiver.

      Delete