Saturday, March 27, 2021

Playing is good for the soul!

 

Wow-what a marathon day! I'm happy to report that some writing got done - not as much as I would have liked, but enough to keep the class happy and get them started on the homework. Three of four presentations are done, and one was presented last night - I'll post the show and tell tomorrow. One more still needs a bit of work - I have until 1 PM today to get that done. WAIT - I have two presentations between now and then! Oh well - I can make it work. 

I have to say that it's going to be very nice to sew during the Virtual Retreat tonight and NOT have to stop and take pictures of what I'm sewing! One intense day of that is enough for me for the moment! Let's see - I sewed about 20 different blocks - well, I had to select fabrics and cut the blocks. Then sew them together—nothing like waiting until the last day to do that. Next month, I shall try to get it done a wee bit before. All the homework except one person is submitted and included in the presentations. 

I heard them say on the radio this morning that people are tired of Zoom. I'm not. Zoom is a fun way to pass along this information to the students, and the format will stay - at least as long as the students keep coming!!!

I managed to get my two walks in yesterday despite the time constraints. I needed that time to relax my brain and to think of what I was missing! I'll be doing the same today. 


So as I went for a walk with the girls, I noticed that BOTH houses for sale are SOLD. They were listed on Tuesday?? Sold by Friday morning. I have a feeling that both were priced low to get a bidding war happening. I'm not sure how much they sold for - Mary sent me a web page where I can find that information, but no time right now to figure it out. I'm curious how much over asking they went for! Sometimes, they put that on the sign, SOLD over Asking, but I didn't see that mentioned on the signs. 


SOLD



SOLD




It had rained a LOT the previous day, and I wore my boots so I could walk in the woods. Good thing because there was a LOT of water. Amazing how quickly the little creek filled. I felt like a kid playing in the water puddles. Lexi was NOT impressed - she's too much of a lady to play in the puddles. 

Playing in the puddles


Amazing how quickly these little channels were created by the force of the water. 

Channels cut into the leaves and soil



There was even a DELTA at the end of that "river". 


The delta at the mouth of the "river"


Okay, I attempted to ford this huge puddle, but my boots are short, so we did take a detour! 


The creek is quite deep at this point


Here's another spot on the trail that gets hit hard by the pounding rain—lots of ruts in there. 

More ruts cut into the path



And some of them were fairly deep!!!


The ruts are deep



Speaking of walking, I hit the 1,000 KM mark yesterday. My goal for 2021 is to walk 4,200 KM, so I'm almost  ¼ of the way. Right on target!! Ever since that trip to the chiro where he did that deep massage, and a slight adjustment on the low back, both my back AND knee have been feeling amazing!!!!  Now that my dizziness has cleared up - I feel like I'm 25!!! I do need to get back to those exercises - hopefully, Monday. I could try to get that in this afternoon, but I don't think I'll remember. And I have more writing that's urgent to get done. 



My walking distance to date for 2021

Of course, in the middle of my sewing marathon, I had to change the needle and wind more bobbins. I usually clean out the bobbin case area as well. WOW - look at those "felt pads" in my feed teeth. Only one is in the picture; I had removed the others. That little ridge of felt was very HARD and compressed. It's important to keep those feed teeth clean!!!!! And a new needle works wonders for going through many layers of cotton!!



Lots of lint in the feed teeth


Since I'm sewing and taking pictures simultaneously, I'm not doing multiple blocks at once. It helps with the order of the photos - a long story. So I'm madly sewing those little half-square triangles. I have TONS that need to be pressed and trimmed. I need to get back to that!!!!


My half-square triangles I sewed


I had to laugh last night as I prepped for this morning. I haven't even started to sew that binding on! But I need to sew that binding on with the PFAFF creative icon. Where to put it? OH - why not right beside the Husqvarna Viking Designer EPIC 2.  Now before you get jealous - both machines are perks of one of my freelance jobs, and I bust my butt keeping up with sample making and doing presentations. There's a HUGE commitment attached to both of them. I am spoiled - I know that, but I also work very hard for those perks. 


Which machine to choose??? 





Let's hope the table is strong enough to support both of them for today!


On that note, Zoom links for today's THREE sessions are sent. Homework presentations are almost ready - let the day begin!!!


Don't forget that TONIGHT is the Virtual Retreat, as well as tomorrow. I can hardly wait!!! I have so much stuff to chat about!!!! Pop in to say hi and if you have some show and tell, bring it along - we'd love to share.   It starts TONIGHT from 6 PM until 9 PM and tomorrow from 10 AM to 8 PM. 


Here's the Zoom link for Saturday evening, which starts at 6 PM and goes to 9 PM. 

Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89254233911?pwd=VGQrTnFybW1HMWpleHA4M2Q2NGVwZz09 Meeting ID: 892 5423 3911 Passcode: 982797



Here's the Zoom link for Sunday, which starts at 10 AM and goes to 8 PM.


Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87246635892?pwd=VGY1cUUyLzRaRi9VUVV2ZWFINXc2dz09 Meeting ID: 872 4663 5892 Passcode: 440473



On that note, let the day begin!!!!


Have a great day!!!!


Ciao!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment