Sunday, March 28, 2021

Urbanologie Show and Tell

 

What a whirlwind day! Lots of Zooming and lots of deadlines - all of which got met with time to spare! The walking helps me to sort out any issues and is pretty therapeutic. I must NEVER stop walking! I'll just walk shorter distances! 

A quick note about the walking: there are four of us in a group walking across Canada. We started last year on July 1st. We started in St. John's, Newfoundland, and we are close to Victoria on the other side of the country. That's a total of 8,000 KM. I figured we would make it by the end of April, and if we keep up our current pace, we should make it before the end of April, no problem. 


It's been a long slog! But look where we are today. 


Roger's Pass


We are at Roger's Pass!!! I've found this Virtual Trip so exciting because I've driven through many parts of the country in a car or on my bike, and I very much remember riding my bike through the Roger's Pass. Now we are less than 700 KM from the end! Go team, GO!!!!


Oops - got diverted to a quilt shop website, but I'm back and FOCUSED. 


Speaking of walks, look what I saw on the side of the road yesterday. Seriously??? A broken mirror. First - why is it out on the boulevard and not in the garbage? Put it in the garbage cart. I had to pay $6 to get rid of the darn piece of glass from that poster as I didn't want to put it in the garbage and have it potentially break on the street. But who is expected to clean this up? SIGH.............


A broken mirror on the side of the street



Thanks to Linda and someone else who suggested that I download VLC to watch DVDs on my Windows 10 computer. It worked like a charm, and I watched a couple of videos yesterday afternoon. I have all of Series three fromThe Quilt Show to watch and a movie! So I can putter away while watching - it's perfect. I want to watch a few more videos, but this opens up a whole other world for me. No longer need to be tethered to a TV. Well, I was never tethered to the TV as I just didn't watch this stuff. 



Watching The Quilt Show on my computer


And this was the scene yesterday. Three machines lined up and the computer in the middle of the whole mess. 

The work tables in Studio B


I have to confess that after the rush of the last couple of days when I didn't have something URGENT to work on, that I froze - I didn't know where to start! And I was trying to find some darn thread so I could quilt this little wall hanging that's been hanging around forever. 

I couldn't find the thread, and that put me in a bit of funk. 


However, in the MIDDLE of the night, I woke up, and I know EXACTLY where that darned thread is hiding. Shoot-- I just looked in that spot, and it's not there. But no worries - I'm sure I'll find some thread that will work!!!


OK -- so lets' have a look at the show and tell for Urbanologie. The class is not a big one, but that's OK. Here's the homework. 


Here's the book in case you want to see what we're doing. And this pattern uses the Mini Quick Curve Ruler. 


Urbanologie by SEw Kind of Wonderful


The first set of arrow blocks are Dana's. I love the fact that everyone has jumped into this quilt. There are CURVED seams in every block, but that doesn't stop them!!


Dana


Cathy's block - I love the combination of solid fabrics and prints. Hey - you can make your quilt from anything!!!


Cathy

Cathy


Heather slid in at the last minute with these blocks! They require a wee bit of pressing!!! 


Heather

Heather


Gisele is using solids for her entire quilt! That's a great idea!  

Gisele



And these are Lorraine's blocks. Love the single color blocks!!

Lorraine



Here are my two arrow blocks. 


My blocks





This was a much easier block than the one I gave them to start. This block had only ONE curved seam. Last month there were lots!! They now have new homework for this month! 


I've got a TON of writing to do this week to get all the written assignments off. It will happen - just FOCUS is all I can do and get them out of here one at a time. 

I love that my TODO list is on my Google calendar. There's a wee bit of a bottleneck happening because of all the rush last week. I've got to get that up to date this week! 

We had a blast at the Virtual Retreat last night!! Oh my --- so much fun to catch up on the news and happenings from around the area! We're on Virtual Retreat all day today!! From 10 AM to 8 PM tonight. If you get a chance to stop by and say HI - we'd love to see you!!

Here's the link for today. 


Here's the Zoom link for Sunday, which starts at 10 AM and goes to 8 PM.


Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87246635892?pwd=VGY1cUUyLzRaRi9VUVV2ZWFINXc2dz09 Meeting ID: 872 4663 5892 Passcode: 440473


And on that note, I'm out of here. I have a bit of writing and picture-taking to do this morning. And to find some thread that I can quilt that small project with! No worries - I do have a lot of piecing that's waiting to be done. I did manage to get the binding on that Trendtex Challenge, and half the sleeve is stitched in place. I need to get that in the mail TOMORROW. 


Have a super day!!!!


Ciao!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment