Saturday, September 23, 2023

Barn trails!!!!

Yes --- those little holes in the front garden look neatly arranged, but we do NOT have any flowers there. That was all newly planted last year, and unless the landscape company did something I'm not aware of -- we only have those little shrubs. Since we didn't see any flowers in the spring, I'm guessing whoever is digging is looking for grubs!!!  DH is beyond himself with whoever is digging. OK -- time to get that game cam out and set it up. 

What a whirlwind day yesterday was, and I'm running short on time this morning - again! I have a colleague traveling with me as she learns the ropes, and we were off to Petrolia for our event at Stitcharie. It was a 2 1/2 hour drive, and we made it with no issues, except we passed the plaza (JUST) and had to turn around, which was no big deal. 

It was kind of nice to have someone help with the set-up, as I never get that luxury! We had two sessions - one on applique and one on quilting and both were a full house! It was a fun day with loads of laughs, and Laurie provided us with an awesome lunch. Apparently, she is known for her lunches! 

I believe she has a Super Bowl Mystery quilt day, and she provides lunch. Hmm -- that's tempting to come to -- just for lunch! 

I always love looking around the store to see if there are any treasures, and there is always something, so two small things came home with me. NO pictures yet of that. 

The classroom is great, with loads of room, so we were able to spread out the samples on the wall, and then one by one, they got passed around so everyone could have a better look at them. 

Applique and quilting samples

More samples


Sometimes, those samples go around multiple times as we discuss different techniques, etc. 

It's so easy to scare people. You tell them there is a test and they all go crazy! It was a super easy question, but I like to see the reaction! 

Hopefully, everyone went home with some inspiration, a better appreciation of available tools for them to be creative, and how better to use their sewing machines. 

There just isn't time in the entire process to cover everything, and I swear that every time I arrange my presentation to cover everything. I think I forgot one thing from each presentation yesterday simply because we didn't go through all the material, so those things will get moved. 

We popped everything into the car and headed off to Windsor, which is where I am today, and we'll be off shortly to Thimble Quilts and Sewing to spend the day with machine embroidery!!!! It was late by the time we got in, and although we had a late dinner, I'm hungry!

If you are in this area, there are MANY barn trails here, and we spotted some quilt barn blocks along the way. We stopped to get three pictures to share with you. 



I believe there are several books on the barn trails, and there is certainly lots of information on the internet about these barn trails. Some of them, as you can see, are NOT on barns but standing near the edge of the road where they are easy to see. 


This one was barely visible behind the cornfields. 




Have a super day!!!!


Ciao!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment