Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Keep Calm and BIND ON!!!!!!!!!!!!


What a day!

I started out with the Stonehenge class. Great show n tell............   There are two classes and here is the block that they had for homework.............


Jewel tones  - first class

A different colour way - first class

Earth tones - first class

Earth tones - second class

Jewel tones - second class

Different colour ways - second class


I believe there were a few that did not get a chance to complete the homework, but they should have no problem catching up for next month.

Then I assigned the next TWO blocks and here is what the quilt looks like so far.


Stonehenge with SIX of the TWELVE blocks complete and ALL the log cabins done!!!!


This is an easy quilt to keep up with and I am happy for that!!!!!!!!



Then back home and I puttered around - for hours it seemed. And I had such great plans to get a LOT accomplished when I got home. Anyway, I was tired and not feeling as chipper as I should - PLEASE do not let me get sick again!!!!!


But then I got my second wind and I went to town. I am doing great on the tidy up process. I will show you the pictures tomorrow. When I started last evening, the ironing board looked like this - quilts that needed to be trimmed and bound and well there wasn't a WHOLE lot of room to work on the ironing board.


Ironing board - crammed with stuff!!!!!
So I started by making the binding for the Blue Floral and here it is getting the binding stitched on. It is SO NICE to have loads of room to lay out the quilt and you can see that there are TWO tables free!!!  I said - I was making progress in the tidying arena. 

Binding stitched on the blue floral Hopscotch. It is going to the Hobby Horse today to be the class sample. I'll stitch down the binding later. No rush on that. 
Then I made the binding for the community project quilt. And stitched the binding down. 

Binding on the community project quilt. Someone else is going to stitch that binding down!!!  (Thanks Ruth)!

Then it was time to trim the bicycle quilt and get that binding on. Well - as much as I like plush on the backs of quilts, I HATE the mess that cutting the plush makes.


The cutting board AFTER trimming the bicycle quilt



But my kitchen scrubber makes quick work up picking up all the crud and the board is nice and clean!!!!!

Stitching on the binding that was already made

The binding on the bicycle quilt!!!!!

And it got added to the hand stitching pile. Yikes - that pile is getting pretty high!!!!!   But some of those quilts just need labels. And yes - there are a few more that should go in the pile because they need labels, but I figured it was big enough. Enough work for MANY Mondays and many audio books. 



I was going to do some sewing, but M is trying to put the button holes in her dress and my machine is just being naughty. I tried with cotton and managed to get that working (after a call to the sewing machine dealer), but when we tried it on her jersey knit - it just wouldn't work, so I have to take the machine in today to get some tips on working with this fabric.

Today - I have a STUPID STUPID STUPID day of running errands all day. BUT I have already been to the gym and I feel GREAT and the sun is out, so it is going to be a GOOD DAY. The ironing board is NOW CLEAR, all the bits and pieces from adding those bindings are put away and I did some more tidying. I would LOVE to get the tidying done by the weekend. It just seems to be consuming huge amounts of time (well time in my head) and I can't get to start anything on the 2013 shelf. OK - so there are a few things that won't fit on any shelf, so I am dealing with it NOW and that is taking up my time!!!!!


On that note - I had better keep plugging away at this tidying stuff - it is going to be so awesome when it is done.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment