Thursday, January 24, 2013

I COULDN'T HELP MYSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


There is NO OTHER WAY TO SAY THIS - but I am POSSESSED, OBSESSED, OCD about sewing.
So yes - while I should have been quilting yesterday, I decided to sew instead. Now I am behind in the quilting and will have no choice, but to get my butt in gear next week.

What did I do yesterday???????



As you know, I am trying to clean up the odds and ends left over from my tidying. And I found this while I was tidying. Now I knew that it was there, but I had been ignoring it.

A quilt top that was made a while back when I was doing some work for The Quilt Project and we did a block challenge. 

Read the story on the label and check out the date!!!!!!   


I sewed all the labels I had into the backing and the backing is done!!!!

Made the binding and this project is ready to be quilted. I have a potential buyer for this and now have to find a home for the funds. Well I will work out those details. 

And there is this BUNDLE of leftover fabric from these cancer quilts. (Don't worry - it wasn't donated - I bought the fabric) I have already made one Hopscotch from this fabric, but LOOK - there might be enough to make another one. 

Ooops - I cut out another Hopscotch!!!!!   Couldn't help myself - I really liked the other one so much. 

Scraps that went into the blue scrap bin

And look - there might be JUST ENOUGH left to make a backing and then all this fabric will be USED UP!!!!!!
Rearranged the values of the blocks in the raffle quilt and got the first row stitched together. I was a bit worried as there are a LOT of seams and lots of points. But my pressing plan has so far worked out just great and the points (with a little help from some steam) are working out just great.


Remember this??????

Well - this is what it looks like now - this is Step One. 


Then I got a job done that I was dreading. But it had to be done.

I had a BUNCH of icky scraps cut into 2 inch strips

Joined them all together

Ran them through the bias tape maker

Here is the start of the ball

Everything wound on the ball - sure doesn't look like much when it is wound up!!!!

And the final join to the crocheted rug. I have a feeling that I am going to have to search through my stash to find MORE HIDEOUS fabric to add. I don't have anything else earmarked for this rug and it uses copious amounts of fabric!!!!



Also got a few pieces from Easy Street put together. Oh - it was a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!    And then after dinner, Berke, M, DH and I had a great conversation about ghosts, scary movies, Scrabble and Words with Friends!!!!!  

Well - another busy day (and still no quilting - that is for next week). I had better get started. But the good news in all this - things are getting done (and even if I start a new project - Hopscotch is so easy - it takes no time to make it and I am using up my stash). Not buying anything new or starting any major projects that were not on the slate.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment