Tuesday, January 29, 2013

EXHIBIT ON MOLAS


Here is a great textile exhibit that you should visit............


The Peel Art Gallery and Museum Archives (PAMA) has an exhibit on molas that is on loan from The Textile Museum  in Toronto. 




If you have no idea what a mola is - click on the link above and you will see. I will be doing a demo on reverse applique/mola making on Sunday, February 3 from 2 - 4 PM. I can't wait.




There is also another show that you should visit while you are at PAMA. 



An artist has turned an underground tunnel into a FLOWER garden. Crafters/quilters/sewists from around the area have contributed flowers of all kinds - crocheted, quilted, knitted - you name the craft - someone made a flower. Sue Sturdy has taken those flowers and created a secret garden in the tunnel!!!!!!  




PAMA is located at 9 Wellington St in Brampton. Come out on Sunday and see my demo or just visit the exhibits when you can. It promises to be a suburb show. 



Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!



PS - I have had the busiest weekend ever!!!!!   I have decided to download all the pictures from my card to my computer - a mere 3000 pictures and it it taking a LONG time. So I will have all the details of the FUN FUN FUN weekend tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment