Sunday, May 4, 2014

Mixed emotions!!!!!!


Ever have one of those days??????

I had a hot chocolate just before going to bed two nights ago - I know - WHAT WAS I THINKING?????   Anyway - I went to bed and I can hear the hot chocolate gurgling in my stomach which doesn't really like hot chocolate much any more. And of course - I was WIDE AWAKE.  I never said I was the sharpest tack in the box!!!!

I was also hooked on a book that I need to read for our book club - "Love, Anthony" by Lisa Genova.  It is an excellent book and I can't seem to put it down. I have read another one of her books - "Left Neglected" and it is also excellent.  The theme of her books is about the brain!  I know - "Love Anthony" is about autism, "Left Neglected" is about a brain injury (due to looking at cell phone while driving) and both deal with relationships related to those brain conditions. VERY WELL WRITTEN and worth a read. I must get her other book - "Still Alice"

Needless to say that when I finally got up yesterday, I was tired. But I had promised the Toronto Marathon people that I would be on site at 9:30 AM.  I arrived and there is NO ONE there. WHAT?????   I called the person I am supposed to meet and there is NO ANSWER.  He finally called me back to say that he was running a bit late and would be there in 20 minutes. He was ONE HOUR late. At least I had my book with me, but still!!!!!!!!  There was one other person who showed up before me, but come on people!!!!  Our time is VALUABLE!!!!!!

I am not complaining, but gosh - when we finally got some of the trucks and mini-vans back - let's get them loaded people??????   OK - so I did my usual - I took charge. NO ONE else was going to and I don't want to waste time.  So we got those trucks loaded, but I have to say that I was not happy with the coordinator of the water stations.  Do you want to know why he was late???   YEP - he had a hangover as he had been out partying and puking his guts the night before. Seriously??????

While I do not mind to volunteer - I HATE when people do not respect me as a volunteer. Needless to say, I was not happy. However I am NOT going to say much because I DO NOT want that job. Not in a million years, but oh boy - I could sure make it much easier than it was.   I mean - he did not even have the new sheets for 2014, (let's hope the course did not change from last year) and let's hope the quantities of stuff did not change from last year. The totals of everything wasn't even done - I had to do it!!!!

Snapped a few pictures while I was waiting - right on the water at Ontario Place


The view from the parking lot - yes that is CN Tower in the background and those two blue doors on the right - those are the storage pods for the Marathon stuff

They were busy taking the sail boats and yatchts out of dry dock and putting in the water

Another one gets lifted on that big crane and then into the water


I was FROZEN - it was cold down by the water. Where or where is the warm weather?????

Well - I got home and decided that I was in the mood to fix those two blocks on the snowman quilt. Made TWO holes pretty quickly...............


Two holes in the quilt

Soon to be filled with snowmen and VOILA - the quilt top is done!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Then I trimmed three quilts and while doing that, I decided to try scanning the magazine pictures/articles that I wanted.  Hmmmm - can't save as .pdf (Lightroom doesn't recognize that extension)- must save as .jpeg. OK - so that works and guess what - I had to use TWO computers and my external hard drive.  The new computer is not hooked up to the scanner so scanned on the old computer, saved on external hard disk, switched external hard disk to new computer with the Lightroom software. Imported the photos and tagged them. Oh boy - I am so excited!!!!!    This is EXACTLY what I wanted.  I tagged each one with several tags, although I remember reading that each photo should have between 5 and 10 tags. Hmmm - maybe I should reevaluate what I tagged them.   Anyway - I will be able to reference that material and I am EXCITED about that.  This is going to pay off big time - I don't destroy the magazines so someone else can have them. Remember this is MY SECRET as I am certain that it violates copyright to no end, but I have saved each file with the name and issue of the magazine and the page number of the article/pattern. Should I want to make one - I will have all the necessary information to give credit where credit is due. AND this database is strictly for MY personal use.

For those of you who visit me - the magazines are in the bathroom and ready to be taken home!  I will slowly go through them, but it worked!!!!   IT WORKED!!!!!!


Debating if I will do more sewing tonight (had to blog tonight as I will be unloading tables early in the morning and then back home while someone takes over).  I won't even go into the details - they are just so darn unorganized!!!!!


Have a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment