Friday, May 9, 2014

Windows 8.1 to the rescue!!!!!!!!!!!!!


As you noticed I did NOT have time to get those pictures loaded yesterday even though I rebooted the computer.  I tried again this morning and NOPE - it isn't going to happen.  I have a feeling that the card reader isn't working?????   I have been wondering about it for quite a while - it was getting cranky!!!!

HOWEVER - I have a brand new computer sitting here just waiting to be called into action and so I loaded all the pictures from the card onto the external hard disk - switched the hard disk to the laptop from the desktop and VOILA - I have access to all my pictures. And they do load much quicker from the hard disk than the card reader - so DUH!!!!   I should be downloading every day, TAGGING, TAGGING and then do what I want with them.  OK - so I will try try try to do that. It takes less time anyway!!!!!


I have resigned myself to the fact that I like lists. LOTS of lists and NOT just written lists - I like visual lists as well.

I have been looking forward to today all week. Yes it is a beautiful day outside, but someone is coming to use the long arm so I must stay inside and that means I get to sew all day GUILT FREE. I am so excited!!!!!


And in preperation of that - I have projects lined up so I have something to sew. So while I like lists - I also like VISUAL lists and here is my visual TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


This is what it looked like yesterday morning

And this is what it looks like this morning - can you spot the differences????   there are a couple.  It really is an evolving table.  

You can STOP laughing now - I know that I have dillusional doability!!!!!   I won't get a fraction of that done, but I am going to make a good effort.


The cutting table is another visual TO DO area!!!!!!

However I am getting stuff done. I finished sewing this top together so BOTH snowmen tops are done.


Snowman top done!!!!!!!!!!
 The backing for the two quilts is in three pieces - trimmed and ready to sew together this morning. Then make the binding and two more quilts go in the TO BE QUILTED pile.

Then I dug out the next most important quilt - this is the fourth quilt that I have to get ready for the guild by the end of the month.  The other three just need the binding (which is already made) stitched on. This one is a bunch of four patches that need to be sewn together.


Four patches to sew together

This should be a doable project today and hopefully the next batch of quilts on the wall and ready to sew.


I had an amazing sleep last night and the BEST workout in spin class.  My legs are happy but tired!!!!

I am pumped - I am ready to work and it is just an AWESOME DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Have a great day and make sure you get out at least a bit to enjoy the day.


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment