Monday, January 15, 2018

Little miss muffet


A bittersweet way to start the day - M and Bear left on their 7 AM flight to go home. Yep - She's exactly like me - very disorganized just before leaving the house on a trip!  I must say that we had a great visit and was a lot more fun than I anticipated. I guess she was right - that means that we're both growing up! So the sad part is that she has gone home, but on the bright side - I managed to get her to clean up a fair amount of stuff that was laden with dust and guess what  - I can move onto Phase Two of my plan! You'll have to wait for that one. There is still stuff that needs to be addressed- it's not much, but there are two bookcases and one closet that we didn't get to. But I'm OK with that. We did what I wanted. 

Have a safe flight M - it's crazy windy out there!


Third tuffet class was on Saturday. We were 7 in the class, plus Paul and myself. But we ended up with 10 tuffets. 

A tuffet patch
For some reason, we had a few issues with the centers of some of the tuffets at this class so a few of them did not quite get completed. But they will!

Always fun to see what people choose for their fabric. And YES - I got mine completed. I guess I don't have to tell you which one is mine.


Darlene with her shooting star effect

Mine with bargello (cheater bargello)

Wendy - seriously - this was gorgeous and look at the work matching that motif!!!!

Paul - a fun one for the grandchildren

Kaffe Fassett - beautiful florals

Tim Holtz - funky prints

Tracey Ann - monochromatic, Zildi with Halloween

Anne with wild colors and decorative machine stitching on some of those wedges!

Zili (number two) black and white and red all over (couldn't help myself)

Wendy's tuffet completed
I'm not quite ready to put my tuffet on the finished project list for 2018.

Tuffet at MY house
 You see, the legs are unfinished. They need to be painted or stained so until that is done, I'm not calling this a finished project.  I have to make a trip to the hardware store to get some stain as I'm whatever I have here is long dried up.

Legs need to be stained

There is one more class scheduled at The Hobby Horse so that's the last chance to make a tuffet. However, here's the thing. I still have loads of the upholstery batting so if anyone wants a kit - I'd be happy to put the supplies together for you. Upholstery batting, foam, upholstery button, and wooden base as those are the hardest things to find. The rest is easy! 

We had a great day at sit n sew yesterday and I'll tell you all about it tomorrow. I'm off to Monday sewing and I have a ton of stuff to get completed this week. I can't even think about it at the moment. 

Have a great day!!!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment