Friday, January 19, 2018

Quilter's Patch - Take Three


I made a list of things that I need/want to blog about. I'm working my way through that list and I'm still working on the Quilter's Patch quilt. I found another set of photos and there is still one set missing - I think. Could be on the phone. Let's see, that will be for another day! Just checked the phone. No pictures, but I just remembered there are TWO folders on the camera and I only looked in one. I bet the other pictures are in that second folder!

I see that I NEED to reboot my PC on a regular basis. Of course, I've been having trouble printing again! And the system was very slow this morning. I'm in and out of a lot of programs in a single day. So I rebooted this morning and guess what?  Yep - everything that was waiting in the cue to print - printed!  Note to self - reboot the computer at least every second day!

Had loads of fun at Sit n Sew yesterday and you'll see more about that in the next couple of days. I've been editing photos this morning.

But let's revisit the Quilter's Patch quilt. This was one of the ongoing classes at the Hobby Horse this past year.



Quilter's Patch by Edyta Sitar of Laundry Basket Quilts
The coil binding was put on by the UPS store - yes THAT store and that was a bungled job!

Let's see what progress was made from the last group of pictures.

One of the flower blocks

A house block

House block

A group of three blocks

Another group of three blocks

One of the rows

Someone else's row
 Don't you love how the same row or group of blocks look different depending on the choices of fabric? This was definitely an interesting quilt as there were MANY different techniques covered in the book. Paper piecing, English paper piecing, 8-point stars, applique, diamonds, curved piecing and a whole lot more!

More assembled sections

Two groups of sunflowers
Flowers and fence and the cat
Working on the very bottom border - look at that pink poodle
A little more progress on that bottom row
Blocks can be put together in different order
The top is together minus the top and side borders
 You have to check out this border. When Jennifer first pulled it out of her bag, I thought she had appliqued a green leaf and then a white leave on top. NO - this is HAND embroidered with a satin stitch that is impeccable.


Hand embroidered leaves and stem - beautiful

We had Jennifer give us a small lesson at the last class. I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but wow - her work is amazing!

I suppose you're wondering how my quilt is progressing. As usual, I didn't finish before the end of the class. I don't think I've ever finished before the end of the class. EVER!  But I had most of the quilt cut out. So on Monday, I worked on two blocks. Some of the blocks are tricky. Lots of little pieces and if you don't label them, you have to remeasure each time you grab one to make sure you have the correct piece. I got one done on Monday and I had to finish the second one yesterday. It needed some paper piecing and I didn't have the supplies to paper piece with me on Monday. Note to self - check to make sure that you have all the supplies needed to do something! Don't worry - I've already checked the next two blocks for next Monday and nothing special is required.

Here are my blocks to date. Yep - I have nine blocks completed and I LOVE them.





My blocks

 Oh, look -  Lexi and Murphy are hanging out in the garden! I found patterns for those dogs online and bought the pdf. They are so cute! However, I had run out of the background fabric so I found something in my stash that I thought would work, but I don't like it. It doesn't look too bad in the photo but in real life, it's not great. And I need more background for the borders anyway so that item is now on my shopping list as well. There are three things on that list! I guess it's time to go shopping. But there is ZERO time for that so I'm going to try to get my shopping done next weekend when I'm teaching at a store. See how efficient I am.

I have three URGENT things to do today. Which will I choose first? I've no idea, but there is one more quilt that I'd like to get in the mail today so I might flit from one to the other to take a break! Yep - no focus whatsoever!

I'm so far behind on paperwork that it scares me. I was doing so good for a while. But after next week, there are no imminent deadlines - I hope to catch up then. As if that will ever happen!

I'm about 10 days into this DTox program. I don't feel any different. No worse, no better. I still have the same amount of energy as I always have. I almost caved yesterday but that was simply because I wanted a snack and well I ended up grabbing some fruit. This is a very good learning experience for me! I can make good choices! And I even have lots of temptations in the house - I didn't get rid of anything. It's all about mind over matter!

On that note, I'm out of here to start my crazy day!

Have a great day!

Ciao!





No comments:

Post a Comment