Friday, February 22, 2019

QUILTcon 2019 = Day Two


OH MY GOD -- I completely forgot about blogging this morning. How silly is that??

This is going to be short because it's almost time to get ready to go to the show again.

I spent most of the day checking out the vendors and chatting to people. I walked through some of the modern quilts but didn't really look at them. Today is our last day so I need to see whatever I want to see today. Quilts and a few last vendor stops are on the list for today.

I didn't buy much. I don't need much. No, let me rephrase that - I don't need anything. I bought two FQs that I'll use for one of the monthly quilts that I'm working on. I bought a pattern that I had been looking for for a while. And I bought two magazines that I can't get back home. I think that was it!!! I was very good. There is a thing or two that I want to pick up today, but all in all, I doubt that I'll spend much. And that's all a good thing.

I did get a bit of free stuff though. Fabric samples from various fabric companies. I made an eye mask at Cotton + Steel. Got fabric from Ruby Star to make a little drawstring bag. And a few other small things.

I took my lunch with me and it was great to have healthy snacks to eat and not worry about lining up for food or coughing up money for unhealthy choices.

So much to see, so little time. I sat in on a free demo and I paid to go to one lecture. While the lecture was interesting, I didn't think it was worth my time. CRAP - that happened last time as well. You would think that I would learn. I hope to make it to one more lecture today - I'll see how the day goes.

I walked to and from the convention center. Got to keep my steps up!!! There was a wee bit of rain on my way home, but not bad. We had dinner at the house and then Tish and I were off to meet the rest of the crazy Canadians who attended Quiltcon. There were a fair number of us from across the country and that was fun to meet the others.

Met up with Carol who had driven up from Florida. She gave us a lift back to the house and then it was off to bed where I had the best sleep ever. I never heard the others go to the washroom, never heard them go to bed. I was tired!

When we got back to the house after the day, we all sat around and shared what we had purchased in the day. Shelly and I bought the least. Linda bought the most. It was obscene, but I'm not going there because, at my first big show, I went crazy. That was 20 years ago!!!

Anything new at the show? Not really. A lot of the same old stuff. New fabric, but seriously how much fabric and patterns does one need? Not me. I'll share more about that when I get home. The most exciting thing? Olfa has introduced a red rotary cutter to celebrate 40 years. They were giving them away free to certain people. Guess who got one? Yep - that would be Ronda and Laura. Hmmm - maybe I can spirit one away on the way home.

Well, that's it for today.

Have a great day.

Ciao!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment