Saturday, November 21, 2020

Marching along............

 

Can you believe that it's November 21 today? Where do the days go? Where has the year gone?  I know that most of you want the year to end and hope that 2021 will bring some good news. While my life has changed, it really hasn't changed a whole lot. I'm not thrilled that our region is moving into another lockdown. I'm not sure this is the answer, but I don't have a better solution. 

And well - you know me - my glass is perpetually half full. It's my darn Dad who did that to me! My Dad has had a few health issues this year, and he's still as optimistic as ever and looking forward to each new day!! 

Despite the craziness of this past year, I know that it's technically too early to reflect on everything, but I think some great things have happened because of the pandemic. People are learning to be flexible; they are learning that it's possible to work from home. I know - it's not a perfect solution for everyone, but for those that can make it work, I can only hope that it's less stressful and saves time. I know it has for me. 

No more packing a huge sample suitcase and lugging it around the country. No waiting in airports for a plane. And I get a lot more done because I'm always at home and almost zero travel time! And I honestly think that I'm busier than I was before! How can that be? But I'm happy as a clam, and that's all that counts.  

I think the most important thing about this situation or life, in general, is that only YOU can make YOU happy. If there is something you don't like, then change it. For some, that may mean some pretty extreme decisions, but if you're not happy, what motivates you to get up in the morning? 

Well enough philosophical stuff for this morning. 

The physical book that I'm reading is scary! The Turn of the Key by Ruth Ware. OK - so absolutely nothing scary has happened, but it's the anticipation of what's going to happen. I thought long and hard before I went downstairs this morning to work!

Yet again, another busy day, and I envision that for the next two weeks. Then, I'll be busy, but with fewer deadlines so I can be busy on my own time!


But let's not forget that walking. It's very time consuming, but it's important to me, so I make the time. I'm trying to change up my route a wee bit. In the morning, I saw some changes in the wooden palette. I swear, I look forward to passing by that palette to see if anything changed. Now here's something - imagine you lived near a school and children walked past your house. Wouldn't it be neat to change one small thing each day so the kids could have something to anticipate on their way to school?? 

The pieces of engineered flooring are back. Are these new pieces? Or are they the same ones as I saw before? If they are the same ones, where were they hiding? I know this is a totally trivial thing, and many would say - who cares? But it's something to keep the mind occupied as I walk. There's a roll of green painter's tape there. Where did it come from?


The wooden palette as live art

I saw the guy yesterday afternoon (in the same area) when I was doing the second walk. He's still clutching that notebook, but it was closed this time—different pants. 

I was passing by a bunch of shrubs and heard a huge kefuffle. A bunch of small birds flew out, and then the hawk flew out to the top of the light with nothing in his mouth! Those little birds were not happy. 

A hawk searching for lunch


We went out to dinner last night. The last night for at least 28 days. It was totally crazy - there were nine of us in the restaurant. What was annoying was that there were some sports fans in the bar area where we sat. They were at individual tables and talking loudly to each other. If you want to shout - go outside! 

The wait staff all seemed to have a positive outlook, and some will be working to handle the takeout orders, but some won't have a job for the next four weeks. I hope they know how to sew!!!


It was like Christmas at my house yesterday. The mailbox was filled with packages, which I haven't had time to open yet. 

I got MAIL



Wait - that's not true. I did open the one thing that I didn't know what was inside. AHA -- a present from Paul. A Christmas themed fabric with a red truck. Yep - definitely Christmas with that red truck. Thanks, Paul!


Christmas fabric with a red truck!



And I got two bags of embroidery thread that I ordered. Those did NOT come in the mail. Thanks to my thread mule for that. 

Now I've got my work cut out for me to get some embroidery samples done!


Bag one of embroidery thread


You do NOT want to know how much I paid for all that thread. 


Bag two of embroidery thread




Speaking of walking, this is a photo from my solo walk across Canada. I'm in Northern Ontario, and every day it's pretty much the same thing. Trees and more trees. Sometimes, there are rocks and maybe even some water! But mostly trees!

A view from Highway 11 in Northern Ontario


I'm making great progress, but only because I've made it a focus in my daily life!


I've got two presentations today. One is for the Long Time Gone class, and except for ONE photo, that's ready to go. The other one needs a wee bit of prep work, but it's almost ready to go as well. 


And don't forget the Virtual Retreat tonight!!!!  Here's the Zoom link. It starts at 6 PM EST and goes until 9 PM. 

Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81066653108?pwd=RU15WTMrMWVldmh2M255RHJOUjd3QT09 Meeting ID: 810 6665 3108 Passcode: 179411



And here's the link for SUNDAY, November 22.  The start time is 9 AM EST and runs until 8 PM EST


Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85157829941?pwd=VWFHR3NBM0NQdXZmWlRWcGx6YlEvdz09 Meeting ID: 851 5782 9941 Passcode: 562279



And on that note, it's time to get the day started. The first Zoom session starts at 8:30 AM. 


Have a great day!!!!


Ciao!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment