Monday, November 9, 2020

Oh Happy Day!

Seriously? How can you be having a bad day right now with the weather the way it is. OK - I get it that out west, they have some serious storms with ice and lots of snow. But here, for the moment, the weather is glorious. I was out at 10 AM for a long walk with just a short-sleeved T-shirt. Well - I did have pants on as well! But the point is that the weather is beautiful and there were loads of people outside as well, which warms my heart. 

I did double duty on the walk, and M and I had a talk about some upcoming things we're working on. Still a wee bit too early to spill the beans, but let's say that you're all going to love it when it's done. I can't wait!

I was on a roll and went for a second walk later in the afternoon. OK - so I'm a bit obsessed right now. I was behind on my cross Canada walk, and I needed to get caught up. I'm now .7 of a mile ahead of my schedule, so that's good. I can back off the miles a wee bit! Then a visit with some friends after that second walk and a class in the afternoon, and well, the day went by, and I didn't get much accomplished in the studio!

And that's OK. I was hoping to quilt a customer quilt yesterday, but that didn't happen. So I'll get it done this morning. I may end up putting the bindings on later this week. We'll see how things go. 

I had a wide-open day tomorrow, but all of a sudden, FOUR things got booked that day! All good things and nothing for me to prepare, so I like that even better! Just takes a bit away from my usual routine of things. But hey - life is way too short to be filling it with boring stuff all day!

We had a great class on EQ8. I have a wee bit of homework to get them some written instructions on one of the topics we covered. I'll be running another series of EQ8 classes next year, so if you missed it this year, there's still a chance to learn. I've had amazing feedback from the group, and I can't wait to see what they create!

I spent some time last night learning the new embroidery software. I just can't get enough of that tool. Some amazing new features, and I can't wait to start stitching out some of the stuff that I've created. There isn't really time this week to do that, but I hope that I'll have some time to get started next week. And of course, I'll share it with you because - well, some of the stuff blows my mind at how simple it is—the power of software. 

Sad news yesterday with the passing of Alex Trebek. I was reading some information about him and did NOT realize that he was the host of Reach for the Top, a show that we watched when I was a kid. I had no idea! 

Can you believe that I have only ONE picture to share with you? The walk was super boring yesterday; nothing was out of the ordinary in the neighborhood. Like I said, it was a great day. 


So this happened at our house. 



 

Ah - there was a wee issue with some smoke as the chef prepared his steak. That gets you hopping because a voice comes on right away and asks if you need assistance. And they ask for the code word, and I remembered it. The last thing I need is a fire truck coming to the house when we don't need them. Phew - I survived that crisis! I think the chef better figure out a new way to cook the steak!

I've only got two presentations this week, so that's a bonus. And I'm plodding through the paperwork, but there's still a couple of things that NEED to be done today, and it's Monday sewing, and I have a quilt to quilt, and I need to walk because it's going to be another glorious day. It might just end up being a LONG day!

Well, that's it for today. Short and sweet. 


Have a super day! Get outside and enjoy it!

Ciao!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment