Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Sun on the new fallen snow

 It was a beautiful morning to walk. The snow was heavy on the trees, and as I walked through the forest, it was silent! The snow deadened all the city sounds, and it was glorious!

As I was prepping to leave the house, I noticed the sun shining on the treetops, so I snapped a couple of pictures. I put my sunglasses on for the walk, only to find that it was a sliver of open sky that allowed the sun to peek through the clouds. It was a cloudy day, but that's OK. I had my rain boots and my wool socks, and I was good. The streets and sidewalks were a wee bit slippery, and I think this morning will be a bit more of the same. I hate slippery conditions! Where are those ice clamps for your boots?


Red boots and wool socks

Oh my - I see that Lexi blogged this morning. It appears that she wanted to share her side of the snow story. That silly girl!

But here is the sun shining on the trees. It does NOT do justice to the actual scene. It was glorious. 


The sun shining on the trees


Here's a picture snapped by my neighbor. The sun wasn't out for long, but if you did see it, it was beautiful. 

The sun on the new-fallen snow


And here are some pictures from inside the forest. It was stunning. The branches of many trees were so laden with wet snow that they were hanging into the path. 

The trees are laden with beautiful snow


Definitely a winter wonderland. 


Silence in the forest


One of the entrances into the forest. Again, the pictures do NOT do justice to the beauty of the snow on the trees. 


The entrance to the forest


And I've walked past this tree a hundred times and never noticed that it had red berries on it until yesterday when I saw the red berries peeking through the snow. That's hilarious, but it goes to show that we can look at something, but we're not really seeing! 

Snow on the red berries



We had a great sewing session yesterday (Monday Sewing), and while I didn't get a lot done, I did get something done that needed to be finished for this coming weekend. That's my homework for the UFO club. Those little flowers are eight-pointed stars. I know how to make them, and I've done loads, but these ones are tiny at 4 ½" unfinished, and well, it's not my best work, and a point or two might get cut off, but I don't care! 



My flower block


All that remains is to sew the pieces together and then select something for next month's homework. I know what I want to do - will I have enough time? I still have a house, a sunflower, three butterflies, and a fence to finish for the quilt center. Let's not forget the border with applique and more piecing. 

But things are going to slow down in the next couple of days. I have NO appointments today. No presentations. It feels like I'm on holidays; however, there's a lot to be done: phone calls that have been put off, some more writing, and just some general catch up. 

I might even sneak in a bit of reading as that book - The Turn of the Key by Ruth Ware, is scary! But I NEED to know what happens and how. OK - I know what happens - that's part of the story, and it's said right upfront what happens, but how did it happen? 

I've sorted through the immediate paperwork that has to be done, and I have some for today and some for tomorrow. Hopefully, two days will get me through it all, and I'd be a happy camper, but somehow I doubt that -  maybe by the end of the week. It would be nice to head into next week with no paperwork on my plate!

Oh, there's excellent news on the Virtual Challenge fronts. I realized that I missed entering the data for THREE weeks of walking at the beginning of the year for this aggressive challenge, and now that all that data is logged, I'm on a much more relaxed pace. This is good news since I can only walk outside at this time, and with the icy conditions, I don't feel like walking quite as much. It's all good - the light is definitely shining brightly at the end of the tunnel!!!


On that note, I'm out of here! 


Have a wonderful day! 


Ciao!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment