Friday, July 9, 2021

Day Two -- Seams Appropriate in Muskoka

Wow -- day two is already gone! Nooooooooooooo -- the time is going too quickly! But that's OK - I'm getting lots done. I'm actually puttering on some small projects. I don't have access to e-mail on my laptop yet - that isn't going to happen until I get home and get my passwords. 

So I'll pull some pictures from Facebook again! And we had a major power outage last night, but thankfully there's a generator here, so we were fine. I was in bed anyway. But the router needs to be rebooted, and we don't know where that is, and it's a tad early to text the owner, so I'm hots potting off my phone. All in the name of getting that blog posted!!! That generator is LOUD and didn't shut off until 3:15 AM. Don't ask me how I know, but it wasn't my best sleep night, and that wasn't just because of the generator. Some nights are good and some not so good. 

It rained for most of the day again! Ronda and I took a quick trip into Hunstville, where we stopped at the Thrift Store, then back to the grocery store for a couple of small things. OK - we bought soup to add to the sandwiches for lunch since it was a soup kind of day! 

And while I did bring a pair of jeans with me, I wanted sweatpants. I've meant to buy a pair for a while and just never got around to it. We had to zip to Wal-Mart as the grocery store only had shorts made from sweatpants material, but no long pants? That's bizarre. But Wal-Mart had a souvenir pair with POCKETS. They are very comfy!!!

And on the way home, we did the obligatory Tim's run! 

I managed to get the bindings on a couple of small projects. I forgot to bring the appropriate colored thread to do the topstitching, so I will have to wait until I get home, but no worries - one step closer to finishing them. 

I trimmed a ton of half-square triangles. I threw in several bags of them that had been sewn but not pressed or trimmed. I might as well get this job done, and so I'm doing a bit every day. 

Here's the scrap pile from the batch I trimmed this morning. 


The trimmings from half-square triangles



Here's the stack of half-square triangles. Those things will finish at 1" when they get used somewhere. I have one small project that I finished yesterday that is an example of what I do with these cute little units. I didn't take a picture, but I'll try to show you tomorrow. 

Trimmed half square triangles


I was in desperate need of getting out for a walk. It had rained ALL day, but around 4 PM, it seemed to be letting up. However, it was WET, and I wasn't walking in the woods behind the house. So I hit the county road. I don't think there's a lot of traffic, but I hate walking on the road. Well, just a short distance down the road, I spotted a road with a sign that said NO EXIT. I bet there isn't a lot of traffic on that road, so I took it. 

AHA -- this road goes to the lake. And then it started to slope downwards. Hmm - what goes down will have to come up! But there's public access to the lakefront at the bottom of the road. At the lake, the road went left and right. Well, let's go left to see where that goes. 

Then I came to this sign. 


Hmm  - this can't be good



I tried to get this picture so you could appreciate the angle of that hill. It looks flat, but it's NOT. That hill curved up and up and up! And it was steep. Let's just say that I was breathing hard by the time that I got to the top. So I walked to the end of that road and then back to the beach area and went right this time. That road didn't far before it ended as well. In total, that walk was about 4 KM, but shouldn't we get extra points for the hills?? 


A STEEP hill



It doesn't matter; I ended the day with about 7 KM, which is pretty decent considering the weather. I hadn't come prepared to be out in the rain at all. So I borrowed Lynn's raincoat and Dede's umbrella. I didn't need the umbrella, and about 1 KM into the walk, I had to take off the raincoat, and before I got home, I had to take my sweatshirt off! Yep -- I was hot after all those hills. I would have taken my sweatpants off if I had left my shorts on underneath, but I had removed them!

Let's just say that it's cool here - that's why I needed to buy the sweatpants. And it's not going to get too warm, but that's OK. I can live with cool. The temperature in the house is perfect, and we have no heat source at the moment. 

The more that we're here, the more that I'm liking the various things that we are experiencing. I'll be booking a visit for next year later today. 

Many new memories are being created, and it's hilarious as we reminisce about some of the old memories. 

I'm working on some other blocks today, and everything is set to go. NO plans to go into town today. I don't need anything. Maybe someone will go for a Tims run later today? 

HEY -- if you want to get away, there's room on the calendar this summer to come here. Get a couple of friends together and book. It's great to get away, and all it takes is an email or a phone call!!!  We are at Seams Appropriate in Muskoka. Check out the calendar and find a date. 

On that note, it's time to get sewing!!!

Have a super day!!!!

Ciao!!






No comments:

Post a Comment