Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Machine Embroidery

 

How many of you have an embroidery machine? OK -- so how many of you use it? I mean, really use it, so you are learning it. I mean experimenting and trying new things. Do you know all the functions? 

Even though I'm somewhat knowledgeable about machine embroidery, there's always something new to learn. I don't take classes, but I'm willing to make mistakes and learn by doing. I haven't wrecked anything yet! That's what I've been doing the last couple of days.

It's my week to blog on QUILTsocial, and I'll be sharing all my learning with you, so be sure to follow along. 

Here's the link to Day One, where I'm making a tote bag and exploring the mySewnet ecosystem to find a design. The link to my tote bag pattern is also on QUILTsocial on this day. There's so much great information on those blog posts. 

And I'll let you in on a little secret. Even though I'm using the Husqvarna Viking Designer Ruby 90 embroidery machine, much of what I'm showing you can be done on your embroidery machine. 

I get it that many people purchase designs and stitch them out. I'm NOT allowed to do that for the blog posts and for my day job - simply because those designs come from different companies than those that pay the bills. So I'm all about learning to use the VAST array of tools and designs available through the embroidery machine, the mySewnet Embroidery Library, and the mySewnet Embroidery Software. And there's a LOT more information coming this week. 

What you can do with all those resources is endless! And even though everything is done for this week, I still have a huge stack of stuff that I want to embroider! Lots of stuff to play with to prep for the next week of blog posts! 


And if you have questions about what I did this week or embroidery in general, or you want to see the projects "live," I'll be on Facebook on Friday with Carla. Another great way to learn!!!! 




Come and join me and ask questions. That's super exciting! 


So while I had two machines going yesterday, I don't have any pictures to share with you! At least not of sewing stuff, but here's a couple of the girls. 


Oh, before I say this, I have to laugh. It's amazing how people will ask for advice and then try to twist it around to what they want to hear, not what you tell them. Lately, I've had several questions about the design wall that I use. I'm particular about the product that I use. It's easy to cut, it's relatively inexpensive, it can be set up temporary or permanent, it's thick enough to pin through, and it's sturdy enough that it can be used free-standing. I've had so many people ask, "what about this product?". NO -- use the product I mentioned. "Well, what about this product?" NO - you are NOT listening. We did a bunch of research and figured which was best. If you don't want to listen, then don't ask!

OK -- so no pictures of quilting stuff, but look what happened yesterday. Some of the blocks fell off the design wall as I was juggling a laptop in one hand and trying to show the design wall. I didn't have time to pick up all the blocks that fell when one of the unpinned rows fell, knocking off a few blocks. Before I knew it, Miss Murphy was there sleeping on the blocks! 


Murphy sleeping on the blocks


Look how little this guy is. He is way too small for that dog bed. That bed belonged to Little Sammy, and she is gone, but we kept the dog bed for some reason. Murphy loves it! 


A little dog in a big bed



A big dog in a little bed


Little Bear thinks he's tough and is trying to get Murphy to play. But Murphy knows that it's still bedtime. Good girl, Murphy!!!

HEY, Big dog -- play with me NOW!


I had to laugh when I was at the gym as I had been chatting with someone about people who leave their lockers open when they leave. Do they leave cupboards open in their house?? Is it so hard to close those doors??? 


Open lockers


Those spin classes are brutal! And then having to walk the dogs right after just about kills me! I need to rejig the morning routine on Mondays and Wednesdays. At least, I think I have the food thing sorted out, so that's good. 



Well, that's it for me today. I've got two presentations today, more writing, and I'm way behind in my class homework follow-up. Then guess what? On Friday, it's the start of a new month, and the process starts all over again! But we are so close to the end of the classes!!! I WILL get them done -- I will. I have some time this weekend and next weekend. And I'm way behind on the long arm. Well, not way behind, but behind! 

Have a super day!!!!

Ciao!!!



 It blows the mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment