Monday, October 18, 2021

It's all about Tula Pink

 

Today, let's have a look at our Tula Pink class from Friday night. We've been using this book, and the last 10 blocks have been assigned. In November, we're going to see finished quilt tops!


100 Modern Quilt Blocks by Tula Pink

It's been a super fun class, and there are five quilts in the back of the book, so you have options for setting the blocks. And some people have done different settings, which is fantastic. 


Barb is doing the Gridlock setting and followed the coloring in the book with the rainbow of colors. I know she has rearranged and rearranged the blocks, but I think this looks awesome. She's in the process of sewing it together! Yes -- in case you're wondering - she did work ahead on the last 10 blocks. 


Barb's quilt

Carol is also doing Gridlock, but she added a twist to her colors. She used black and white and colors. WOW!!!!! 


Carol's blocks

Carol's quilt

Dede decided to only use black and white for her blocks. But what color sashing to use? Why not use them all! 

Dede's sashing colors


She's adding the color to the Gridlock setting by adding a small sashing around the blocks. I LOVE IT!!!

Dede's quilt


Grace choose a different setting. She's still playing with color but in a Trip Around the World style.  The setting gives the quilt a dimensional look which is very cool.


Grace's quilt


Lynn is also doing the Gridlock quilt, and here is one set of her blocks. 


Lynn's blocks

I love the fact that instead of starting in the top left-hand corner and working in similar colors each month, she did it row by row! I think it would have been hard to choose from all the colors in one month. But the end result looks fantastic! And she's in the process of sewing them together.


Lynn's quilt

Monica is making the Sliding Scale setting. She doesn't need all 100 blocks, so that is great! After auditioning some different colors, she went with the pink for the sashing. 



Monica's blocks


The pink really sets off the black and white, and she has the lights and darks nicely distributed throughout the quilt. 


Monica's quilt



Morgan is also doing Gridlock. Yep -- that setting was pretty popular! She loves to fussy cut - how can you tell? 

Morgan

Morgan

Morgan

Morgan

Morgan

Morgan

Morgan

Morgan

Morgan


She's using a dark grey for the sashing. It's going to look awesome!

Morgan's quilt



Sharon is making the Skyline version of the quilt and using black and white with some color. It's hard to see in this photo, but there are flamingos on her quilt!

Sharon's quilt



Wendy is doing Gridlock, but with a twist. She's only working with two colors - purple and green. I can't wait to see this one done. I love the color combination, and I think it's going to be stunning. 


Wendy's quilt




There are a few other people in our class, but they haven't sent me a recent picture. Hopefully, we'll see something from them in the next month so we can see what everyone has done. Some of the ones we haven't seen recently are going to be spectacular - at least from what we've seen in previous months. 

Wait -- do you want to see mine? 

My version of the quilt


It's pretty color intense! It's almost together now, but parts are still draped over the ironing board. I've run out of time to work on it. But maybe today at Monday sewing, I might get the rows sewn together. It's these last little details. I have several quilts that need borders!! 


I went for a walk yesterday afternoon - a little later than usual because we had a Zoom session just for handwork. When I left the house, it was sunny, and I had my sunglasses with me. After about 15 minutes, it started to spit rain, then it poured. Yikes! I found shelter under the entrance of a school. It rained for about 5 minutes, and then it stopped. I saw this beautiful double rainbow. - the second one is pretty faint and off to the right.


 The next thing I knew, the sun was back out! Bizarre weather for us! 

A rainbow


I'm up-to-date with trimming quilts, so I need to contact a few people to let them know their quilts are ready, and now I've got one more to trim. This is a fun one with ghosts on it for the quilting. 


Customer quilt - DONE


I don't have that many in the queue, so a little bit of diligence on my part, and I could have a completely empty queue by the end of the month! That's my goal. This is a relatively light week for presentations and homework, so one a day -- I'll get through the stack that is waiting. 

And that means there is room to get a few more done before Christmas if anyone needs a quilt quilted before Christmas. I can take a handful, not an onslaught! 

Well, I've messed up my left leg bad this time. I'd like to say it's just my knee, but it's the entire leg, and I know it's just muscular as I haven't been doing my exercises as I'm supposed to be doing. I'll be making an appointment with the SportsClinic this morning for assistance in working this out, and then I WILL do those exercises! 

Thankfully, it doesn't affect riding a bike, so I'm off to spin class shortly. I'll see how it goes, and I may have to ride slower! Oh shoot -- I just realized I'm supposed to be eating a protein bar!  


Don't forget that we have the Virtual Retreat this weekend. It's a great way to meet new people, have company when you sew, and it's way better than sewing alone! So if you plan on sewing on Saturday night or on Sunday, why not join us? I'll be posting the links starting on Wednesday. 


Have a super day!!!


Ciao!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment