Sunday, April 7, 2024

Simple, yet elegant!

Hmmm --- I'll have to try the Sirius radio prize myself! I'm not a huge fan of the radio, and we no longer have radios in the house. Does anyone have a radio anymore? I stream using apps (yep - more apps!), but I find the reception in the basement isn't the greatest, or the app sucks, and it cuts out. So then I listen to nothing or I listen to Spotify. I'll check it out! The same goes for Alexa - I used to use Alexa for the radio, but I'm afraid Alexa has retired from my house! First off, the radio would just cut out (again, I think it's the reception in the basement), so that was annoying, so I stopped using it. 

OH, I should say that DH uses it for a timer. Why did we retire her? We barely used Alexa -- why? I think it's a form of laziness. I'd rather spend the time doing the job or looking up the information than have Alexa do it. While I appreciate what she can do (no, I don't), I think it takes away my brain's capacity to compute stuff, and I'm trying to hang onto every brain cell I can by doing the work myself! Or I get up and move to do something, rather than have Alexa shut something off, while I sit on the couch! So, while I appreciate the technology, that doesn't mean I have to use it. What the heck do people use it for anyway? 

Great news—I may have woken up briefly last night, but I slept through the night. What a relief! I was tired, as we had been to a wedding in the afternoon and got home at 10 PM. I know it was early to come home from a wedding, but the girls and the boy were home alone, and I had NOT fed them before I left. 

All was fine when we arrived, but Murphy's nose was out of joint as she was hungry. That girl is ALWAYS hungry!

I haven't been to a wedding in eons, and I am trying to remember the last one I attended. Of course, I snapped a few photos for ideas to send to M, although I'm sure she has enough ideas already. 

But one thing the mother of the bride said to me, and I'm assuming she said this to her daughter, is that while the wedding day is important, it's not the most important thing. It's the marriage that's important, not the wedding. And I think that is sound advice! 

Here's Mom and Dad walking the bride down the aisle. Her dress was simple yet elegant. 


Mom and Dad and the bride! 

The ceremony was short and sweet! And the venue for the reception was gorgeous—an old foundry that had been transformed into a reception space. I would love to find an old building and convert it into a workspace. How cool would that be? These were some of the fantastic artwork hanging from the ceiling. Shoot—I guess I should have gone up to the balcony to take better pictures! 


Ceiling decorations

Like many people, they had a wedding cake. We did NOT stay to see them cut the cake, but like the dress, it was very simple but elegant. And there were the little statues of the bride and groom. But look who else was on the cake? Their dog!!! Alessia has a brilliant brother, and he took a picture of their dog and, using his 3D printer, created an image of the dog! That is adorable!!!! 


The figures on the wedding cake!


These were the placeholders on the table. Again, everything was simple yet elegant. I hate to see money spent on fancy things that will be thrown away at the end of the wedding. These were cute. I think the bride and groom did a fantastic job at everything. There was a lot of emotion at the wedding, and the bride and groom were choked up as they said their vows! It was so sweet!

Placeholder


Before we went, I had my two Zoom classes. I need to do the follow-up for them today, and I have my Basic Machine Embroidery session this morning. Then the remainder of the day is free! But there is so much to do that I'll be trying to pick what to do first. 

I think I said I managed to get my rolling cart into Studio B by myself. The bigger shelf is still in the garage. 

I have yet to decide what will go on the cart or exactly how I'll use it, but for now, it's housing the most current project (Tequila Lime), which is in total disarray as it's in various stages of completion. 

My new rolling cart



There is a lot of room on that cart, so I may find a small drawer unit to put on it to provide more storage. I'm not sure. 

Look at this elegant lady. Yes - she looks like a lady; usually, she's just a train wreck! 

MOM -- I was in CHARGE when you were away!


I LOVE this quote from yesterday. 



And that about sums up what one needs to do when you can't find something. I discovered something else that is missing. I went to take pictures of my applique bias bars for my class, and while I found two of the three sets I own, where was the big metal set? It was nowhere to be found. Obviously, I've removed it for some reason, but what? And who knows how long it's been missing? 

Well, I'm off to get the day started. I have a few things to assemble before the class at 10 AM and then, let's see what the afternoon brings. 

Have a super day!!!

Ciao!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment